Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Race, Activism, and Ivy Hoops        (Topic#20489)
Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
09-19-17 11:43 PM - Post#233009    
    In response to Old Bear

Old Bear, sadly your teams are presently close to the bottom of the Ivy pecking order.. So, it is of little comfort to point out that even your teams have recently attracted significantly better talent than in the days when I sat in, first Dillon Gym, then Jadwin. We should know by now that the world is not always a fair place. I sensed a little bitterness in PN's snarky crack above. But, I have little patience for whines from Whartonites about the disparity of funds available to different Ivies. But, I have a more sympathetic ear to Brown and Dartmouth that are on very unequal footing with hyP when it comes to raising funds. The AI cannot overcome the handicaps they face.

penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
09-20-17 09:41 AM - Post#233021    
    In response to Tiger69

FYI--I am most certainly not a Whartonite.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

09-20-17 10:07 AM - Post#233023    
    In response to penn nation

T69, Old Salt, as I have often opined, the AI shrinks the recruiting pool to the advantage of HYP, and, to a lesser extent, Penn. This happens across all sports, but effects FB and BB the most.

Tiger69 
Postdoc

09-20-17 11:07 AM - Post#233031    
    In response to Old Bear

We have no dispute, OB. I accept your point on the AI which I don't really understand. I only view it as a misguided attempt by the Ivies to keep from losing their academic purpose for a segment of the undergraduate body.
As for PN, I am aware that he is no Whartonite (although he has disclosed that he has two -- I don't recall his intimate name for them -- daughters in private school. I know, no connection. I failed to be more specific. I intended to take a good-natured swat at unnamed others who are whartonites and cite the inequities of endowments among the Ivies. For them I advised increasing their AG and doubling down on their prosperous classmates. No harm intended. I've got lots of rich friends. Just don't let them forget t!

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.216 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:20 PM