Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Dylan Osetkowski        (Topic#20564)
Chet Forte 
Postdoc

Reg: 03-02-08
10-19-17 02:29 PM - Post#234213    

The one that got away. Now a junior at Texas and on at least one top 20watch list. Anybody know why we didn’t get him?

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
Re: Dylan Osetkowski
10-20-17 12:05 AM - Post#234227    
    In response to Chet Forte

Do you know for certain if Columbia offered? VC lists interest, but no offer, from Columbia, Harvard, and Yale. Might not be accurate, and sometimes the Ivy process confuses people.

My other question is how often Columbia beats out Tulane or Texas for a player. As an Ivy fan I don't necessarily agree with the reasoning, but I think that's generally been the reality. Columbia obviously would have an in with the family, etc., but I think a player with the opportunity to play at a higher level almost always takes it. The question seems similar to a Penn fan asking why the younger Jackson-Cartwright would play at Arizona.

LionFan 
Senior

Reg: 11-07-06
10-20-17 11:02 AM - Post#234240    
    In response to SomeGuy

FWIW, Dylan's commitment to Tulane came very late in the recruiting season, suggesting he was waiting for an offer that may not have come (or that he was waiting on Tulane to commit to him). Could the issue at Columbia have been academic, say retaking the SAT in the winter to try to raise an AI?

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.212 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:51 PM