Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Game #1 - At Syracuse        (Topic#20646)
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
11-08-17 12:47 PM - Post#235667    

Friday 11/10/17 7:00 pm

Game will be on the ACC Network Extra. It can also be viewed on ESPN3 and WatchESPN App.

Game Notes: http://www.cornellbigred.com/documents/2017/11/6// ...

Projected Lineup:
Bathurst (G), Morgan (G), Gordon (G), Julian (F), Gettings (F/C)

Gettings and Smith missed the Red & White Scrimmage and Corland exhibition. Whiteside missed last Saturday's exhibition. All three are listed on the roster for this game. I hope it is true, but I would not be surprised if any, or all, of them are not available for Friday's game.

If Gettings cannot play, or start, then Warren will probably get the start at the forward spot. I would not be surprised if Gordon was starting for Whiteside.

With some added depth in the front court, I had hoped that Cornell would go with two true forwards down low (Bathurst (PG), Morgan (SG), Julian (F/G), Warren (F) and Gettings (F)). With the lineup as listed, the front court seems to have one athletic undersized forward, much like last year's team (post-Onuorah injury).

mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
Re: Game #1 - At Syracuse
11-08-17 01:15 PM - Post#235670    
    In response to rbg

• rbg Said:

Gettings and Smith missed the Red & White Scrimmage and Corland exhibition. Whiteside missed last Saturday's exhibition. All three are listed on the roster for this game. I hope it is true, but I would not be surprised if any, or all, of them are not available for Friday's game.

Sadly, until Pat Smith appears in a game again, I am assuming he is out. It's a shame; he looked intriguing in his one start v. Princeton. But that's 2+ years ago.

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
11-09-17 02:04 PM - Post#235748    
    In response to mountainred

Got to roam the Dome and make it your home.

IvyBballFan 
Masters Student

Loc: Central Florida
Reg: 11-19-09
Re: Game #1 - At Syracuse
11-10-17 08:27 PM - Post#235856    
    In response to rbg

• rbg Said:
With some added depth in the front court, I had hoped that Cornell would go with two true forwards down low (Bathurst (PG), Morgan (SG), Julian (F/G), Warren (F) and Gettings (F)).

Six minutes into the game and we see what you were hoping for, Warren and Gettings on the floor together. Hope the Red is able to use lots of this front court pairing this season.

rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
11-13-17 09:47 AM - Post#236083    
    In response to IvyBballFan

32 point loss (45-77) at the Carrier Dome on Friday night. The Big Red had a lot of sloppy play but managed to stay within 11 at halftime. The Orange then ran away with it in the first five minutes of the second half.

http://www.cornellbigred.com/boxscore.aspx?path=mb...

Coach Earl felt his players, with the exception of Morgan and Boeheim were completely overwhelmed by playing Syracuse.

Very few positives for the Big Red. Morgan seems to be physically fine and scored 14. Although shooting 4-13 and 1-5, Boeheim showed that he is capable of playing major minutes this year. Also, Gettings came off the bench to play 14 minutes.

Cornell will hopefully compete better against Binghamton in Monday night's home opener.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.216 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:08 PM