Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Maryland Game        (Topic#20696)
Paulie777 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-11-07
Maryland Game
11-18-17 11:54 PM - Post#236904    
    In response to bisonmania

We were outcoached the second half and none of our shots fell and that resulted in another loss by a few points. Simple as that. They made the right adjustments and we didn't. Paul Newman played the first half and not the second, think about that. It was a great game to watch felt like march. BRW made the big screen twice, once briefly when Stephen Brown came out of the game and another great shot with his wingman when Bucknell rallied. Bucknell has the march bracket clout and with a good performance could get to the round of 32 or farther. Maryland has a great team with superstar freshmen and are sweet sixteen this year and final four or more in the years to come. Their freshman center is going to be good, Patrick Ewing good. With Fernando, Heuter, and Morsell They are going to be a top team. It was a really fun game to watch even though Bucknell lost. But Bucknell belongs in the march conversation in my opinion.

Edited by Paulie777 on 11-18-17 11:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bison63 
Postdoc

Reg: 01-23-06
Maryland Game
11-19-17 12:36 AM - Post#236907    
    In response to Paulie777

After the 1st half you knew we would not shoot like that in the second half, but you hoped we’d shoot well enough and would play enough defense to withstand the inevitable Md charge. We didn’t. This was a “shoulda won” game. It’s a good team, but the difference between 2006 and this team is the 2006 team puts them away. Stated another way... this team plays good games against good teams, the 2006 team beat those teams more often than not.

Two home games coming up. Siena also winless and Ball State got their first win at home against Stony Brook with a second half come from behind win. We need to win them both.

Edited by bison63 on 11-19-17 12:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

crd012 
Junior

Reg: 12-02-12
Re: Maryland Game
11-19-17 03:13 AM - Post#236908    
    In response to Paulie777

Paulie your obsession with Paul Newman is not rational. He’s a freshman that has no real idea of how to be an impact D1 player. To say that because he played in the first half that he was the reason that they were up 15 is laughable. I understand you don’t like foulland...I don’t get it, but I’m willing to accept it. To say that newman is the reason we were up is ludicrous.

Try we were up because we shot the lights out and Brown was masterful in the first half. The second half was pathetic. We didn’t even get 30 points in the second half. Look we want to say this is a team that wins at least one game in the tourney? No...simply no. They don’t step their game up and step on the throat. Up 15 at halftime...I don’t care if it’s Maryland or Colgate. You win that game. Good teams win that game. Ok teams win that game. That was not acceptable for a team that is senior laden and has a lot of talent.

Edited by crd012 on 11-19-17 03:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
11-19-17 09:01 AM - Post#236910    
    In response to crd012

Perhaps Paulina was suggesting we were up 15 which is why Newman was in the game? Certainly Newman has nothing to do with this teams success or lackthereof

Paulie777 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-11-07
11-19-17 10:47 AM - Post#236924    
    In response to HuskyColonial

We were actually down when Newman came into to game, then we surged and got up 15 at the half. All I was suggesting was we put him in the second half to disrupt the screen adjustments made by Maryland precisely because as crd012 says, he has no idea how to be a D1 impact player. All we needed temporarily was a warm body who didn't know what they were doing to throw a wrench in Marylands offense. Its unbucknelllike and unbasketballlike, but it would have nurtured and protected our lead. We instead tried to beat them at their own game. I was looking for a short term solution so the team could get themselves to Sojka with a win. Maybe the team was being too rational? Its a great goal to play top level basketball, but getting a win is a great goal too. I like the team and I was trying to be optimistic when I said they could make the round of 32. When someone says the 2006 team would have won this, or with Thomas Foulland, and Brown in, we should have won the game, to me those things are hurtful. Not put Paul Newman in.

BisonRoadWarrior 
Professor
BisonRoadWarrior
Loc: Where the Bison Roam
Reg: 08-16-06
11-19-17 11:10 AM - Post#236927    
    In response to Paulie777

When Newman first subbed in, Arkansas was up 1. He was immediately put to the test in the post, played excellent fundamental, one-on-one defense on a Terrapin big, which led to a badly missed shot and an ensuing Bucknell bucket. When he checked out two minutes later, we were up five.

People can differ about how much time he should receive, but his brief contribution at Maryland was commendable and it will be interesting to watch him progress over the coming weeks.

BisonFan4 
Junior

Reg: 12-30-16
11-19-17 02:47 PM - Post#236949    
    In response to BisonRoadWarrior

I disagree totally. Newman was in the game for under 2 min, rounded up for box score. They should've used Sestina more, who's a bigger body, produces when on court & is a legitimate scoring threat from 3. I don't understand sitting him rest of the first half bc of 2 fouls if he's not going to be played enough for the fouls to even be a factor. Being at both the UNC and Maryland games, its clear he has his confidence up and producing/making an impact when in. With limited time in the UNC, 16 min I believe, he lead the team in rebounds and at MD 6 pts in 7min.

BisonKid 
Sophomore

Reg: 01-26-06
11-19-17 03:33 PM - Post#236951    
    In response to BisonFan4

What a fun game to watch. Sorry the fellas lost but they put in a terrific effort. Nathan was acting like a spectator until the last few minutes of the game when he stood up and appeared to be coaching. Even the announcers commented that he didn't change expressions from being up by 15 to team absorbing a huge Maryland run. Not sure how you can let Maryland go on a 16-5 run without calling a timeout. Despite this, it was great to see the guys continue the fight until the very end. The last 4 games will definitely serve as terrific "on the job training" as we approach league play.

bowie 
Freshman

Reg: 01-12-17
11-19-17 05:02 PM - Post#236954    
    In response to BisonKid

seemed like sestina is getting warmed up

Bucknellbisonfan21 
Masters Student
Bucknellbisonfan21
Loc: Bloomsburg
Reg: 11-12-15
11-25-17 09:33 AM - Post#237550    
    In response to MrPhillie

Maryland fell to St. Boniventure 63-61 last night. The Bonnie's were without their best player Jaylen Adams and they failed to hit a three-pointer in the game.

bison63 
Postdoc

Reg: 01-23-06
Maryland Game
11-25-17 12:06 PM - Post#237557    
    In response to Bucknellbisonfan21

We dropped a position inPomeroy last night, probably on the strength of that Bonnie win.

Edited by bison63 on 11-25-17 12:07 PM. Reason for edit: Typo

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.203 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:16 AM