Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Stoneybrook        (Topic#20723)
JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
11-22-17 08:03 PM - Post#237389    

Bears down 38 to 33 at half. Brown shooting 29% from 3 while Stoneybrook is at 47%. That's the difference. Obie has 4 points. Anderson only 5. You just get the feeling Hunskaker is due to get hot from 3 and hit a few in a row. He may need that in second half in order to win. Anderson not being allowed to drive and has been held in check for the most part. Not too many turnovers for either team.

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
Re: Stoneybrook
11-22-17 09:28 PM - Post#237405    
    In response to JBears

Bears missed too many makeable shots as well as FTs. Turnovers increased in second half. SB needed the win, as opened the season with 4 road losses. They had leads on UConn, Michigan State, and played Maryland tough. DeWolf very active. Cambridge had an other alley-oop dunk on a pass from Anderson. Lots of promise in what was a close game until the last few minutes. Hopefully Hunsaker finds the home rims friendly this Saturday.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Stoneybrook
11-22-17 10:48 PM - Post#237415    
    In response to JBears

I actually took the train out from Brooklyn to see this game on Long Island. Rare treat for me to get to see Brown twice in a week.

This wasn’t a bad performance by Brown on the road again for someone’s home opener. (In a terrific arena, I might add). And Stony Brook’s good. Real athletic, they shoot it very well, move the ball quickly. They feel like a top half team in the Ivy. Like against St. Francis the ball pressure bothered Brown, and the ball didn’t move great at times. A lot of handoffs and having to go get the ball. Only 10 assists tonight, with a fair amount of one on one takes.

But even with that, Brown just missed shots they will often make. A bunch of good looks didn’t fall. They were an inch long all night. But Brown also didn’t get any easy buckets tonight.

Their best basketball was the first 10 min of the 2nd half. Like against St. Francis they battled back to take the lead by 1, and that’s when the other team pulled away.

Defense was a half-step slow it seemed. Decent number of open threes and uncontested drives by SB.

Brown was fantastic on the offensive boards. Great effort there. Indicative of Brown playing hard.

Having seen them up close twice this far, I do sense they’re still looking for a little leadership on the court. Not surprising given the void left behind by Spieth and Tavon, and given how young this squad is. But there’s not a ton of pulling guys together at the free throw line, giving encouragement, not a lot of talk. It may not matter that much, but it is something that was a pronounced difference from the St. Francis and Stony Brook squads. And despite that I think Brown’s played pretty well this season thus far.

By the way, great to see Obi return tonight. He was out of rhythm but did some good things to get into the paint. Even with the rust he helped them tonight.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Edited by Bruno on 11-22-17 10:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.214 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:33 PM