Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: UMass Lowell        (Topic#20817)
Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
12-09-17 06:40 PM - Post#239846    

Solid win, led most of the way. Out rebounded Lowell 36 -28 and held the TOs to 12. Depth really showed, 9 guys played more than 10 minutes, Sullivan and Massey were major difference makers, Okolie, DeWolf and Howard as well. Anderson and Hunsaker played 26 minutes each and scored 29 and 16. The team was 25 of 29 (86.2%) from the line, not too shabby.

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
12-09-17 07:36 PM - Post#239852    
    In response to Old Bear

I thought Massey played some excellent minutes. Especially in the first half by driving to the hoop strong and banking in some shots in traffic. He is stronger this year and provides some veteran leadership. Shot 6-7 FG for 13 points with 6 rebounds and 1 assist. The bench outscored UMass-Lowell 40-18. Hunsaker looked good hitting some 3's he was know for in Juco. Lots of athletes on the floor. Great contrbutions all-around. I like what I am seeing.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
12-09-17 11:15 PM - Post#239870    
    In response to JBears

This is the game you want heading into the break. Enough challenge but handily winning a game you should handily win.

How great to see all the upperclassmen contributions from the bench. Massey playing like a vet. Sullivan playing probably his best offensive game. And Okolie playing his most complete game this season - rebounded but also passed very well. Glad to see Howard get back into a spurt of flow in the 2nd half. It’s so clear that for his game to work, he’s got to be involved down low. He isn’t comfortable enough from the outside to make his living there, and he’s too good around the bucket to not be maneuvering down there - 6’6 or not.

UML not a big team, but nonetheless interesting to see a lineup at one point of Choh at the 5 and Massey (as I thought we might see) at the 4. That’s D3-esque.

You see why DeWolf gets time. Relentless. Plays hard and outworks other guys. And some skill there too. May not be the most skilled or smoothest athlete on the court, but he’s become a presence down low. His bulk and strength and active body make him a guy who is worth the PT.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.177 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:25 AM