Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Monmouth        (Topic#20823)
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
12-13-17 02:40 PM - Post#240138    
    In response to bradley

That's all well and good, but without the TO differential, that game is basically a toss up. If you believe that's replicable (which last year's Princeton team did, indeed, replicate for the entire season and especially in Ivy play), then it's a good sign. If you believe it's not (like I do), then it's noise, and doesn't make last night's result look as good as it does on the surface in terms of what to expect moving forward.

bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
12-13-17 10:27 PM - Post#240161    
    In response to mrjames

Although unusual, I actually agree with your comments. Monmouth made a number of unforced errors last night that definitely contributed to the Tigers victory. It would be foolish to think that Tiger's opponents would turn over the ball over like Monmouth did last night for the balance of the season. If Princeton does not consistently improve their defense, there will be plenty of additional losses, possibly or probably including last night.

As to their offense, their assists went up last evening which is a good sign for at least one night and they had more open shots as reflected by the number of uncontested 3 point shots. Lack of effective ball movement by Princeton and the unwillingness to take open shots have been contributing factors to a 44% shooting percentage but they have plenty of company, i.e. Harvard (40%) and others.

Who knows what will be the outcome of the IL season -- maybe your crystal ball knows.

JadwinGeorge 
Senior

Reg: 12-04-15
12-13-17 10:58 PM - Post#240164    
    In response to mrjames

I so much want to understand a "sort of shrug" but I can't find it anywhere!!!!

JadwinGeorge 
Senior

Reg: 12-04-15
12-13-17 11:00 PM - Post#240165    
    In response to mrjames

I just found it...on the "I love Harvard" site!!!!

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.161 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:54 AM