Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Northwestern        (Topic#20898)
Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
12-30-17 03:32 PM - Post#241624    

Great effort for 30 minutes. Bears fought 5 on 8 for most of the game. I hate to be one to harp on the refs. I don't know if Brown could have won but the refs keep them from making it a close one in the last 10 minutes.

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
12-30-17 04:57 PM - Post#241632    
    In response to Old Bear

The score (95-73) is certainly not indicative of the way the game played. Bears actually lead by 7 early in second half. Aside from Anderson (26) and Cambridge (22) Brown struggled to score. But only out rebounded 34-32. And TOs a respectable 11 on the road against a Big 10 team. Coupled with just 7 last game It shows a collective effort to take care of the ball. Continue to shoot FTs very well. They were in the game for a good 30-plus minutes. The announcers mentioned the Bears effort a number of times. Big game of sorts against NJIT this Wednesday at the Pitz. Would love to finish the non-league slate at 7-6 and start league play on a positive note.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
Northwestern
12-31-17 01:41 AM - Post#241653    
    In response to JBears

Well said re NJIT. I think it’s a biggish game coming off this one and heading into league play.

This was a really good effort for this young team. Listen they got beat in the paint where they were outmuscled and there was nobody to stop the ball at or near the rim. It’s the old story of some excellent guard play and being outmanned inside - the latter being more understandable against a Big 10 opponent.

After they went up 7 on that blown play three pointer, I think Brown realized they had the lead and tightened up. They also went a stretch where they didn’t have either Cambridge or Anderson on the court - and while I liked the experiment, it hurt them.

These were fantastic efforts by Anderson and Cambridge. Wow to both. Announcers seemed to think they were the two best guards on the court and tonight I wouldn’t disagree. I have never seen a Brown player do the things Cambridge did tonight to Northwestern on offense. And Anderson used that quickness that nobody else could match. They're running an offense that lets both of these guys do what they do. That was fun to watch, as was the alley dunk by Choh from Hunsaker.

Felt terrible seeing Northwestern’s McIntosh go down. I really hope he isn’t done for the season. Credit them for rallying after their leader went down and some of the upperclassmen stepping up. Their defensive effort the last 15 minutes took Brown out of rhythm.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.502 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:15 AM