Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: UNH        (Topic#20904)
SomeDartmouthStudent 
Freshman

Reg: 11-30-16
01-01-18 02:03 PM - Post#241693    

Happy New Year everyone!

Came back to campus a little earlier this year and made my way up to the UNH game. Seemed like a regression to the mean after some hopeful performances. Our front-court struggled mightily (per usual i suppose) at defending their bigs. This has me particularly concerned for conference play as I think there are better bigs in the league than Tanner Leissner and Jacoby Armstrong (53 points combined)...

Didn't seem like a lot of adjustments were made in game to slow them down.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
01-01-18 09:08 PM - Post#241705    
    In response to SomeDartmouthStudent

UNH Coach is underrated.

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
01-02-18 09:23 AM - Post#241728    
    In response to Old Bear

I think its pretty clear that whether Dartmouth is going to be competitive in games this season depends on if our threes are dropping.

Going 4-17 isn't going to cut it. We can expect to lose if that happens.

EasyGreen1 
Freshman

Reg: 12-08-16
UNH
01-02-18 11:54 AM - Post#241735    
    In response to Go Green

I agree with your assessment Go Green. It was obvious UNH's focus was shutting down Barry, our best 3 point shooter. They assigned a player to exclusively dog him and deny him the ball. One of the announcers mentioned that the UNH coach told him pregame that the plan was to wear Barry down. Other teams will attempt this same tactic. I don't think Barry should play PG for 37 minutes a game. What's wrong with taking him off the ball at times and use screens to help him get off his shot. On the positive side, hat's off to Sistare, Cam Smith, and Adrease Jackson who all played with so much energy and heart off the bench.

Edited by EasyGreen1 on 01-02-18 11:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Corms 
Freshman

Reg: 10-17-16
Re: UNH
01-08-18 05:03 PM - Post#242737    
    In response to SomeDartmouthStudent

It seems like this game wasn't very competitive, and yet it is a game we probably would've won with Evan Boudreaux.

Opponents wouldn't be able to key on Barry like UNH and Harvard recently did if the threat of EB was there. In addition to Evan flat out getting buckets, our rebounding and interior defense would be a completely different story with Evan.

Good of EasyGreen1 to call out the hard work of Sistare and Andrease, and of Cam Smith in particular, who I know is an outstanding person with a great work ethic.

A lot basketball remaining to win some more games and get better for the future.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
01-08-18 06:26 PM - Post#242741    
    In response to Corms

For what it's worth, with Boudreaux I think Dartmouth may have won Saturday, looking at a 2-0 leagues start after the rematch in Hanover.

Didn't want to harp on it, but Harvard catches a break without Aiken by starting home and home vs Dartmouth. If Boudreaux was playing, Dartmouth may have been the squad to catch the break.

Harvard is not playing well, especially on offense. Dartmouth would have had better looks if Harvard had to contend with Boudreaux.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.416 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:35 AM