Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Brown        (Topic#21248)
1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
Reg: 11-21-04
03-03-18 09:27 AM - Post#250386    
    In response to SRP

• SRP Said:
Seemed like Cannady just let the face-guarding take him out of the offense in the first half. Desrosier had a very solid performance.

I continue to believe they are using Cannady as a decoy to go 4 on 4 with the others, and get them involved.

No one has mentioned yet another foul shot air ball, this time by Stephens.

Agree on Desrosier--he looks like he can go one on one in the post a la Stephens.

bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
03-03-18 02:34 PM - Post#250434    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

I believe that Coach has asked Cannady to get more players involved by toning down his shot taking. Mitch has also clearly limited Much's time as he was throwing up a lot of 3 pt shots. Cannot take Cannady out of the offense because the Tigers would be playing 3 on 4 on offense based on a limited 4th option.

Bell and especially Stephens have taken on a much more active offensive role and DesRosiers vs. Much or Schweiger is getting the minutes. DesRosiers is a player, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Will the Tigers beat Yale on the road --- big question mark? Can the Lions beat Harvard --- big question mark? Whatever one thinks, the opposite will happen. I simply hope that the Tigers play well and finish the regular season on a better note.

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
03-03-18 02:41 PM - Post#250435    
    In response to bradley

If Princeton has the same defensive intensity (the Brown announcers picked that up even in the huddles), the same decent FT shooting, and the same care with avoiding turnovers tonight, then I think they will sweep Yale. But it will be close because Yale's offense is pretty versatile.

TigerFan 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-21-04
03-03-18 02:41 PM - Post#250436    
    In response to bradley

I was really done with this team a few weeks ago but they have played much better basketball the last three games. Failing down the stretch against Harvard was painful to watch but that was a much better showing than previous efforts.

Can they win tonight? yes. Will they? who knows?! Will I drag myself to the Palestra if they pull this thing out? of course!

bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
03-03-18 04:30 PM - Post#250461    
    In response to TigerFan

Brown announcers were so much better than the "homer" from the past although they obviously did not have much knowledge regarding Stphens' capabilities offensively.

Some Brown fans were big proponents for IvyMadness. It was surprising as to the extremely as to what appeared to be a very small turnout.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.198 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:59 AM