Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 6 of 6 « First<3456
Username Post: Patriot League Championship: Colgate at Bucknell        (Topic#21284)
BUFan 
PhD Student
BUFan
Reg: 01-24-06
03-09-18 08:14 AM - Post#251485    
    In response to BisonRoadWarrior

The HC board is at it again. This time they are criticizing the PLT as boring vs other small conference tourneys. They are so off base. The PL always gives an elite atmosphere for the finals and usually semis as well.

HC is also lamenting that we are not on ESPN. I couldn’t disagree more. CBS gives the PL some real coverage. I am always impressed that they do a full 30 min pregame and 30 min post game including the celebration. The leagues that sell their soul to ESPN see them cut away to another game the second the final horn sounds and you don’t see the celebration. . They also get to play an east coast final at 9 pm or 11 am (or 4:30 Friday afternoon!) to accommodate ESPN.

CBS also does a great job covering the regular season. I for one hope the PL never goes back to ESPN.

For those who complain CBS SN isn’t available, it is available just about everywhere. Sure with a few providers you may not be allowed to have the most basic package but you can upgrade for Jan - Mar. You can also now get CBS SN in various cord cutting platforms.

The CAA, AAC, and Mountain West all partnered wit CBS as well and I regularly flip over to CBS to see what’s going on in their tourneys.

Good job CBS on another great year of coverage.

crd012 
Junior

Reg: 12-02-12
03-09-18 09:36 AM - Post#251498    
    In response to BUFan

I loved the care and intensity the team showed. How many times this year during their losses did we all complain that they looked lethargic, like they were going through the motions. That wasn’t the case the other night, there was a fire, a swagger and I loved it. I like the jawing with the other team. It shows an intensity that we didn’t have earlier in the season.

I hope that on Thursday or Friday they have that same intensity. I don’t want them to come out timid and scared of the moment. I want them to come out intense and talking some trash to the high major. I want the other team to know that Bucknell isn’t scared and this stage isn’t too big and we’re here to win.

BisonFan4 
Junior

Reg: 12-30-16
03-09-18 10:07 AM - Post#251504    
    In response to crd012

Oh I definitely think that's exactly what you will see come Thursday/Friday! These guys are focused & determined. They are not content with making the tournament, they expect to be playing the 2nd weekend of the tourney! Sweet 16!!! That has been their goal for this season & the way they're playing right now I don't doubt them! Let's dance! GO BISON!!!

JPM 
Masters Student
JPM
Reg: 05-20-08
Patriot League Championship: Colgate at Bucknell
03-09-18 12:31 PM - Post#251537    
    In response to Bison137

• Bison137 Said:
  • bison63 Said:
. Given that his grab of Brown came as the Bison were emphatically sealing the deal, i’d Guess he just snapped out of frustration.

Just watched that part of the game. In the minute prior to his flagrant foul and ejection, Batt (a) had the ball stolen by Foulland; (b) stood there and watched while Foulland dribbled the length of the court to dunk; and then (c) had his shot emphatically blocked by Sestina. This was on top on him struggling to guard Nana or Nate and also producing nothing at the offensive end. Yes, you could definitely say he snapped out of frustration.

Sotos immediately reacted and got in Batt's face -- you really like seeing that from a freshman.

Edited by JPM on 03-09-18 12:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

raymondbucknell 
Junior

Reg: 02-05-07
03-09-18 03:28 PM - Post#251570    
    In response to JPM

I loved Jimmy's enthusiasm when he came out of the game for the last too. Jumping in the air and basically just.losing it. Was fun to watch.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
03-09-18 05:22 PM - Post#251595    
    In response to raymondbucknell

Lengthy interview with Kimbal Mackezie with a Baltimore radio station:

http://www.glennclarkradio.com/2018/03/09/kimbal-m...

Page 6 of 6 « First<3456
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.899 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:11 AM