Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: UConn-UMass game        (Topic#213)
BrownAlum 
Freshman

Reg: 11-22-04
12-10-04 12:39 PM - Post#1078    

Did anyone see the end of this game? First of all I'm not sure why UConn went into a press after hitting two FTs to tie the game with about 8 seconds to go. I can understand a little pressure but they were face guarding which meant, of course, once UMass was able to get the ball in they were off to the races. It looked like at least one of the UConn guys was confused as to where he should be so perhaps Calhoun had called something else and the players didn't execute.

My favroie part though was after the UMass guy scored on the break with about 4 seconds left to go up by 2. Instead of hustling back on defense to stop UConn's last second attempt he ran right over to the bench and jumped on a chair to start celebrating. I know you get excited in a situation like that but you've got to keep your wits and finish the game.

Not a big deal but I thought it was amusing.

Kit 
Senior

Loc: Central Massachusetts
Reg: 11-29-04
Re: UConn-UMass game
12-14-04 06:47 PM - Post#1079    
    In response to BrownAlum

I was at that game at the Mullins Center. I think the UMass player was so caught up in the moment, he just didn't realize there were 4 seconds left in the game. UMass won anyways.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.331 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:01 AM