Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: New Recruits an Next Years Lineupps        (Topic#21310)
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
03-10-18 02:01 AM - Post#251632    

New 3 star commit in Watson Looks like a good get for the big green. With Miles and Johnson graduating there are real minutes and points that need replacing. What does everyone think next years lineup will look like? Hopefully mrjames weighs in with the data.
"...no excuses - only results!”

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

03-10-18 10:27 PM - Post#251773    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

Let’s get this started.

Brenden Barry
Guilien Smith
Ian Carter
Chris Knight
Will Emery

Maybe an incoming freshman knocks out one of these guys, i really like what Adrease Jackson did this year. I could see him and Emery switching starts. If anyone has film on the incoming freshman throw up some links.

mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
03-11-18 08:14 AM - Post#251830    

Taurus Samuels should play from day one. Given talent and opportunity, I think he’ll be right there in the race for ROY.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

03-11-18 02:07 PM - Post#251942    
    In response to mrjames

Do you have film on him? At the very least he should be first off the bench at PG if not starting PG.

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
03-11-18 07:56 PM - Post#252128    

What was the deal with Carter this year?

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

03-11-18 11:28 PM - Post#252232    
    In response to SomeGuy

I know that he didn't return to school till well after the season started. Did he choose not to play or was he restricted from playing?

I did see him at the end of the bench in several of the games I watched so I figure he's still associated with the team.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

New Recruits an Next Years Lineupps
03-11-18 11:49 PM - Post#252241    
    In response to mrjames

Film All 3 Star recruits!!!

Taurus Samuels!

Wes Slajchert!

Zac Watson!

Verbal Commits

Edited by GoBigGreenBasketball on 03-12-18 12:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
03-12-18 08:54 AM - Post#252272    

Be sure to check to see if anyone is on track to graduate early...

Go Green 
PhD Student

Re: New Recruits an Next Years Lineupps
03-13-18 08:34 AM - Post#252662    

• GoBigGreenBasketball Said:
New 3 star commit in Watson Looks like a good get for the big green. .

And by the way, the above appears to be an understatement. Watson had several scholarship offers, including Power 5 teams going to the NCAA. If anything, he looks to have a better resume than Boudreaux did coming out of high school.

I fully acknowledge that he still has to produce. Whether he can remains to be seen...

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
03-13-18 08:39 PM - Post#252889    
    In response to Go Green

I am going to go all biased-small-sample on you and say that Adrease Jackson ought to be a huge contributor next year. He was lethal in limited minutes, using lots of possessions efficiently and making good defensive plays.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

03-14-18 02:06 AM - Post#252926    
    In response to SRP

I thought Adrease had very Boudreaux esque qualities. He’s not quite as skilled with the ball as his predecessor but he’s tough in the paint and better from spot up three land.

Go Green 
PhD Student

04-26-18 06:20 AM - Post#255902    
    In response to Go Green

• Go Green Said:
  • GoBigGreenBasketball Said:
New 3 star commit in Watson Looks like a good get for the big green. .

And by the way, the above appears to be an understatement. Watson had several scholarship offers, including Power 5 teams going to the NCAA. If anything, he looks to have a better resume than Boudreaux did coming out of high school.

I fully acknowledge that he still has to produce. Whether he can remains to be seen...

Looks like Watson changed his mind.

https://twitter.com/zacwatzon?lang=en

A poster on the voy Board has been trashing the Dartmouth coaches and AD all week, saying that they are the reason why EB left and why Watson decommitted. He's been asked for specifics as to what exactly the coaches/AD have been doing that's so abusive, but (surprise, surprise) he hasn't obliged our requests...

mrjames 
Professor

04-26-18 10:20 AM - Post#255911    
    In response to Go Green

That's a real shame. With Taurus, Zac and Wes, that was likely the third best class in the Ivies this year.

The Dartmouth situation is a mess. Hard to say who is to blame, except that when things get to this level, it's unlikely that the blame rests in one place. I have some thoughts based on some information, but it's an incomplete view at best. Would be very interested to know what those that are so bullish on confidently pointing a finger know.

Silver Maple 
Postdoc

Loc: Westfield, New Jersey
Reg: 11-23-04
04-26-18 10:55 AM - Post#255915    
    In response to mrjames

I think there are more than a few people posting in various places regarding the Dartmouth situation who are just posers. They claim inside knowledge, but are more likely full of sh1t.

Go Green 
PhD Student

04-26-18 11:33 AM - Post#255919    
    In response to Silver Maple

• Silver Maple Said:
I think there are more than a few people posting in various places regarding the Dartmouth situation who are just posers. They claim inside knowledge, but are more likely full of sh1t.

Agreed.

mrjames 
Professor

04-26-18 12:58 PM - Post#255928    

Entirely possible.

I'm actually a little worried that it cuts the other way... could be people with ALL the information, but who are directly involved, airing out their side of the story on the two boards.

Go Green 
PhD Student

04-26-18 01:18 PM - Post#255932    
    In response to mrjames

• mrjames Said:
Entirely possible.

I'm actually a little worried that it cuts the other way... could be people with ALL the information, but who are directly involved, airing out their side of the story on the two boards.

That hasn't been happening with respect to Dartmouth. At most, it's been guys making charges of abuse/incompetence/neglig ence... but with no specifics to substantiate the charges.

To me, that's bearing a grudge, rather than airing out their side of the story.

Edited by Go Green on 04-26-18 01:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

somedartmouthstudent2 
Freshman

Reg: 02-21-18
04-26-18 11:53 PM - Post#255973    
    In response to Go Green

From my perspective, 50-75% of stuff that is out there is accurate, although there certainly seem to be some disgruntled parties.

Any claims of abuse are definitely absurd. Negligence/Incompetence? that's another story. The school, AD, and perhaps the coaching staff don't seem to really care too much about having a winning team. That alone probably explains away half of the issues.

Go Green 
PhD Student

04-27-18 10:18 AM - Post#256001    
    In response to somedartmouthstudent2

• somedartmouthstudent2 Said:
. The school, AD, and perhaps the coaching staff don't seem to really care too much about having a winning team. That alone probably explains away half of the issues.

And this assertion is based on.... ?

(Keep in mind my post from yesterday about grudges).

Edited by Go Green on 04-27-18 10:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Silver Maple 
Postdoc

04-27-18 10:27 AM - Post#256007    
    In response to Go Green

A totally ridiculous statement.

Again-- people talking out of the wrong orifice.

SomeDartmouthStudent 
Freshman

Reg: 11-30-16
04-30-18 04:21 PM - Post#256137    

I'm not sure what you're asking? Do you want me to lay out all my credentials and contact with the team so you can verify if my assessment is valid?

I cant imagine what a current graduating senior would have grudge wise against a team whom he has rooted for the past 4 years despite being pretty awful.

I have been embedded with the coaches, players, and overall Dartmouth population since I matriculated. Joining purely because I loved basketball and was too unathletic to actually play it. I joined this board to voice insights, talk about our success (awkward), and provide on the ground reporting. Evidently I am making things up and holding a grudge.

I'll put it simply. I've lived through four years of uninspired coaching, poor institutional support, and a fanbase that is dwindling because we don't win. I'll leave out an uninspiring coaching search as I guess there is still time to find inspiration (although it is dwindling). The fact that you see basketball being a priority at Dartmouth is shocking, and perhaps indicative of an issue permeating the few remaining fans. Dartmouth Basketball is simply an afterthought.

But, as happy as I am to finally reset the password on my original account I am also happy to realize that perhaps as I graduate it is best to step away. The discourse here is more echo chamber than dialogue.

Looking forward to next season!

~SDS

SomeDartmouthStudent 
Freshman

04-30-18 05:58 PM - Post#256155    
    In response to SomeDartmouthStudent

Actually one last point before I sign off. @ Go Green; Probably best not to be passive aggressive and post on other boards about me, rather than pointing it out here. While I don't post there, I certainly will address it here.

Trying to discredit my experience and my take on things really makes brings into question your motivations. Why is it so hard to accept that the program sucks? We have bottomed out over the last x years, dont know how much worse it gets.

I certainly have identified my background and have given you proof. I was right about discontent on the team as early as the beginning of last season.

You hitch your wagon to the program as is, my bet will be that our success (whenever that may be) will be found in a different direction. Good luck with that.

Edited by SomeDartmouthStudent on 04-30-18 06:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Go Green 
PhD Student

05-01-18 06:25 AM - Post#256168    

• SomeDartmouthStudent Said:
Actually one last point before I sign off. @ Go Green; Probably best not to be passive aggressive and post on other boards about me, rather than pointing it out here. While I don't post there, I certainly will address it here.

Trying to discredit my experience and my take on things really makes brings into question your motivations. Why is it so hard to accept that the program sucks? We have bottomed out over the last x years, dont know how much worse it gets.

I certainly have identified my background and have given you proof. I was right about discontent on the team as early as the beginning of last season.

You hitch your wagon to the program as is, my bet will be that our success (whenever that may be) will be found in a different direction. Good luck with that.

Where exactly have I said that the program is doing well? I genuinely thought that they'd finish in in the upper division if the team was intact in 2017-18. So did others. Obviously, the team was not intact. My personal opinion is that the team finished as well as could have been expected given the circumstances in 2017-18. They certainly could have been worse...

There's a difference between not being willing to cross certain lines (i.e., not overriding the players' vote to make EB captain) and not caring about winning. Calling you out for completely unfair statemnents like the one you said last week does not make me a program sycophant.

Ultimately McLaughlin will be judged on wins and losses. I expect improvement next season. If it doesn't happen and there are no extenuating circumstances beyond his control--they sure, let's talk about going in a new direction.

Edited by Go Green on 05-01-18 06:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Silver Maple 
Postdoc

05-01-18 08:26 AM - Post#256173    

I'm not sure what you're asking? Do you want me to lay out all my credentials and contact with the team so you can verify if my assessment is valid?

I cant imagine what a current graduating senior would have grudge wise against a team whom he has rooted for the past 4 years despite being pretty awful.

I have been embedded with the coaches, players, and overall Dartmouth population since I matriculated. Joining purely because I loved basketball and was too unathletic to actually play it. I joined this board to voice insights, talk about our success (awkward), and provide on the ground reporting. Evidently I am making things up and holding a grudge.

I'll put it simply. I've lived through four years of uninspired coaching, poor institutional support, and a fanbase that is dwindling because we don't win. I'll leave out an uninspiring coaching search as I guess there is still time to find inspiration (although it is dwindling). The fact that you see basketball being a priority at Dartmouth is shocking, and perhaps indicative of an issue permeating the few remaining fans. Dartmouth Basketball is simply an afterthought.

But, as happy as I am to finally reset the password on my original account I am also happy to realize that perhaps as I graduate it is best to step away. The discourse here is more echo chamber than dialogue.

Looking forward to next season!

~SDS

OK, Mr. Embedded, I'll ask the obvious question: how do all your close personal friends among the players and coaches feel about the fact that you're posting all your insider knowledge on a public message board?

SomeDartmouthStudent 
Freshman

05-01-18 08:33 AM - Post#256174    
    In response to Go Green

Evidently I can't stay away.

Please explain how my statement was unfair? I've seen our practices, games, and team interactions firsthand. Additionally, I'll point towards a high player attrition rate, poor record, loss of recruits, and lack of institutional support (see why can football be succesfull?) as to why you are deluded.

Second- in no place did I mention the player who must not be named? He's symptomatic of the problem, but not something I even referenced. If we are out here questioning sources, how do you know that the situation you outlined (re: captaincy) is even accurate? Ill await your answer.

My advice? Give up on that whole schtick- the hating on a 19 year old is getting kinda old. Probably best to focus on our program rather than a player who left. Something I've outlined ad nauseam for awhile.

Anyway- the next season or two will be very telling. I'll certainly tune in hoping to be surprised and would love nothing more than to be wrong.

SomeDartmouthStudent 
Freshman

05-01-18 08:38 AM - Post#256176    

Trying to find your point here? I don't really care. They certainly don't know its me. I am sufficiently vague in that I could be any number of people.

Most of the time i am inclined to stay silent and let things play out, but I can't sit still with the people who believe everything's fantastic and time will yield us wins. Not like this.

How do your friends and family feel about you arguing with a 22 year old, on a public forum, about a bad basketball team you're barely associated with?

Go Green 
PhD Student

05-01-18 09:01 AM - Post#256187    

Evidently I can't stay away.

Please explain how my statement was unfair? I've seen our practices, games, and team interactions firsthand. Additionally, I'll point towards a high player attrition rate, poor record, loss of recruits, and lack of institutional support (see why can football be succesfull?) as to why you are deluded.

Second- in no place did I mention the player who must not be named? He's symptomatic of the problem, but not something I even referenced. If we are out here questioning sources, how do you know that the situation you outlined (re: captaincy) is even accurate? Ill await your answer.

My advice? Give up on that whole schtick- the hating on a 19 year old is getting kinda old. Probably best to focus on our program rather than a player who left. Something I've outlined ad nauseam for awhile.

Anyway- the next season or two will be very telling. I'll certainly tune in hoping to be surprised and would love nothing more than to be wrong.

If you have to ask why the statement "the coaching staff doesn't seem to care about having a winning team" is unfair, then you have a lot of growing up to do, Mr. 22-year-old.

Perhaps after you've had a career and things aren't going well, you'll get some clues. Best of luck to you.

Silver Maple 
Postdoc

05-01-18 10:07 AM - Post#256200    

Trying to find your point here? I don't really care. They certainly don't know its me. I am sufficiently vague in that I could be any number of people.

Most of the time i am inclined to stay silent and let things play out, but I can't sit still with the people who believe everything's fantastic and time will yield us wins. Not like this.

How do your friends and family feel about you arguing with a 22 year old, on a public forum, about a bad basketball team you're barely associated with?

If you really are an insider, then I think you're guilty of a pretty egregious breach of trust. However, It seems implausible to me that the coaches and players couldn't figure out who among those within the program is regularly posting criticism on a public forum. They're not stupid. Which suggests to me that your positioning yourself as an insider is just so much bovine feces. Perhaps you'd like to share your real name and your position with the team, instead of hiding behind a screen name?

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
05-01-18 11:13 AM - Post#256210    

Guys, let's please back off on this purported student. He's only positioning himself as the messenger. Why would an obvious fan of Dartmouth basketball want to pretend to know negative things about the program? It makes no sense. There is not conspiracy by outsiders to take down Dartmouth basketball. As is going on over on the Columbia Board, there could be things that no one likes or wishes to be true.

If you don't like or believe these things, choose not to put much credence in them and move forward. Please don't make ad hominem attacks, we're all better than that. Even here.

Silver Maple 
Postdoc

05-01-18 11:19 AM - Post#256211    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

You really don't understand why people in public forums feign insider knowledge?

It's fine to air your opinions and grievances in places like these. But trying to position opinion as fact by claiming expert qualifications is over the line. I think that's what this guy is doing, and it's dishonest. This is not an ad hominem attack. If he really is an insider, he should tell us who he is.

SomeDartmouthStudent 
Freshman

05-01-18 11:26 AM - Post#256212    

There is no breach of trust here. Pointing out flaws in a program that I'm attached to only serves to prove the point that I've endured how bad this was for 4 years. I never expected us to be great, just to actually attempt to make meaningful change in the direction of winning.

What you see is frustration. There is more than just not doing well, in fact Dartmouth has never been good. This is more akin to consistently failing and switching jobs and industries throughout your whole career without truly figuring out your core competencies. But yes, pin it on age! That always works well.

I've worked in/with the athletic department, count many of the players as friends, and am embedded in the student body. I can tell you if the players knew, they certainly dont care. I personally dont care if the coaching staff knows at all. Maybe come graduation, ill appear and provide all my details. But if you cant see the value that perspective brings then there is really a lost cause.

All of that being said, validating my existence to silver maple, a penn undergrad who is only connected through tuck is literally the furthest thing on my list of things to do. You think the team, the school, or the coaches read this forum? that's laughable. That would require them to care about public perception.

Joe.Yemly 
Freshman

Reg: 03-08-17
05-01-18 11:29 AM - Post#256213    

They certainly don't know its me. I am sufficiently vague in that I could be any number of people.

The number of non-player undergrads that have been around the program for the last 4 years is very very small. I'm sure if your involvement is as you say it is, they'll know who you are.

ivyrules 
Freshman

Reg: 11-27-17
05-01-18 12:29 PM - Post#256225    
    In response to Joe.Yemly

What I don't get is how SDS could be grad student in 2016, and then a soon-to-graduate undergrad in 2018.

I think there may be 2 SDSs?

Go Green 
PhD Student

05-01-18 12:38 PM - Post#256226    

Maybe come graduation, ill appear and provide all my details.

We will await your report breathlessly.

SomeDartmouthStudent 
Freshman

05-01-18 01:01 PM - Post#256227    
    In response to Go Green

Longtime follower here, just getting into the posting game. As someone who spends a lot of time with the team (Grad student), this start to the season is a huge disappointment.

There is one of me, happy to post on my other account as well. This was a time where I was more involved with the team and wanted to cast some doubt on any chance i was an undergrad (literally my first post on here).

Like you said, so few undergrads interact with the team. I do feel like my posting has gone unnoticed internally. I certainly have not been confronted so the rouse must not be up, or they simply dont care.

On another note, I'd say over the last few years the non-player undergrads directly associated with the team has been ~ 12.

My qualifications are far from expert. Hell, I'd say I have much to learn in the realm of basketball. Nothing I said is opinion. List all the resources Dartmouth has put towards basketball. Tell me about how we got rid of the last coach, or the coaching search for the new one? How about facility upgrades, or things to draw new recruits?

Anyway- you guys are missing the forest for the trees. There is a problem. You shouldn't need my experiences in Hanover to pinpoint that.

But i digress. I keep getting sucked back in. Done posting, but I'll make sure to check in to see why the penn fan above is so obsessed with my real name and stirring this up. It is funny you only question insider information here.

Back to lurking!

Go Green 
PhD Student

05-01-18 01:17 PM - Post#256228    

List all the resources Dartmouth has put towards basketball. Tell me about how we got rid of the last coach, or the coaching search for the new one? How about facility upgrades, or things to draw new recruits?

While I can see an argument that Dartmouth's not putting $$$ into basketball (Harvard) or not re-assigning AI slots to basketball (ditto) indicates that we do not care about winning as much as other schools....

... I utterly fail to see how you can possibly say that the AD and coaching staff don't care about winning based on the above passage. Unless your theory is that Sheehy fired Cormier because he thought Cormier was winning too much? Is that what you're saying? Because that sounds insane.

As I said before, I will look forward to your expose of the program.

Joe.Yemly 
Freshman

Reg: 03-08-17
05-01-18 01:23 PM - Post#256229    

On another note, I'd say over the last few years the non-player undergrads directly associated with the team has been ~ 12.

Well, you mentioned you've been involved the last 4 years. If that is indeed the case, and you are graduating this year, then there are very few people that you could be...This is kind of fun! I'll allow you to reveal yourself in your own time.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
05-01-18 04:33 PM - Post#256253    
    In response to Joe.Yemly

I still don’t get it. Focus on the message, not the messager. Leave the kid alone. He has no obligation to identify himself. I’m convinced he’s who he says he is, and that he’s hearing what he says he’s hearing.

I have my sources in relation to Harvard, but would never disclose them. So do others on these Boards.

flinder 
Freshman

Reg: 11-16-16
05-01-18 10:41 PM - Post#256269    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

I think we can all agree that the program's not where we'd want it to be, and that Dartmouth seems to have made myriad missteps in attempting to right the ship over the past...several decades?

I can also totally understand SDS's desire to maintain a bit of anonymity, not that I gather a lot of people affiliated with Dartmouth basketball are actually reading this forum (or care a ton about who says what here). I have access to a little bit of insider perspective, and I'd rather not share how I know anything, either.

I don't think it's that coaches and Sheehy don't care, exactly. I think it's more a matter of there being less pressure to promote excellence over competence than there would be for coaches and administrators at, say, Harvard. Or Penn. Or Princeton. Or Yale.

I think we have trouble attracting players because (a) we're a rural school, (b) the campus is perceived as conservative, and (c) we haven't won an Ivy title since 1960. How do you overcome those three factors until you actually win with a group you've got? Somewhere along the line, the team has to overachieve; when was the last time Dartmouth did that? The Sea Lonergan years?

Go Green 
PhD Student

05-02-18 07:58 AM - Post#256274    
    In response to flinder

• flinder Said:

I think we have trouble attracting players because (a) we're a rural school, (b) the campus is perceived as conservative, and (c) we haven't won an Ivy title since 1960. How do you overcome those three factors until you actually win with a group you've got? Somewhere along the line, the team has to overachieve; when was the last time Dartmouth did that? The Sea Lonergan years?

I would be shocked if this is an issue today.

And I don't know what definition you are using for "overachieve." Arguably, we overachieved this past season given the hand we were dealt.

If you mean "last time we were a legit threat for the title" was the late 1990s with that Boyd-Buth-Gee-Harris-MacG innis starting five. Unfortunately, we didn't have anyone good on the bench and were not able to finish games (worth mentioning that the guys on the bench were products of Furstenberg raising the AI).

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

05-11-18 04:01 AM - Post#256730    
    In response to Go Green

Man I go away for a bit and return to find us squabbling. Yikes thats what a 6-20 season stirs up I guess.

SDS dont leave, I find your insights helpful. I can tell whos got the insight and whos on the periphery. Just by virtue of the number of fans of the program we cannot afford to lose anyone.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Re: Recruits!!!
05-14-18 02:31 PM - Post#256770    

Someone sent this to me. I figured I'd share with the board.

Dartmouth Basketball Webinar Replay

Coach Koclanes starts at the one-minute mark and Coach McLaughlin starts at 15:55.

Basketball Coaches Webinar May 2018

hoopsfan 
Masters Student

Reg: 12-26-04
05-15-18 12:57 PM - Post#256813    

Dartmouth getting transfer from Weber State:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/trevon-ary-tu ...

https://twitter.com/TrevonAryTurner/statu s/9921917...

Go Green 
PhD Student

05-15-18 02:54 PM - Post#256824    
    In response to hoopsfan

Good to hear.

Doesn't look like he played much at Weber State. But he did have some good offers in high school--including from Washington and Washington State. Hopefully he can blossom in Hanover and help us win.

rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
05-15-18 04:21 PM - Post#256826    
    In response to Go Green

Interestingly, in Coach McLaughlin's presentation in the above linked webinar, he did not mention Ary-Turner. However, I believe he was asked a question about how alums could help the program. The coach stressed the importance of being available to give players the chance to connect for shadowing and internship opportunities. He then talked about recruiting an unnamed player from the Seattle area and how he asked for the school for a list of alums and quickly was given a large number of Dartmouth people to connect to.

(I tried to double check that info, but I am having trouble pulling up the webinar today).

With regards to Trevon Ary-Turner, there are a couple of articles from the Standard Examiner that gives some additional information.

http://www.standard.net/Weber-State/2017/01/1 9/Web...

http://www.standard.net/Weber-State/2018/03/2 0/Web...

Turner, a 6' 3" guard 2 star guard, was given a scholarship offer from Washington before the start of his sophomore season. After two severe ankle sprains and a broken knuckle limited him to 10 games his 2nd year, UW lost interest.

He did get offers from Boise State, Idaho, Montana, Seattle, Utah State and Washington State.

In his junior year at Issaquah High School (WA), he averaged 18 points, 4 assists and 3 rebounds a game. He then transferred to Elite Prep for his senior year, where he averaged 19 points and 5 assists a game. His father was his coach at Elite Prep.

He, apparently, was most interested in Seattle, but was actually going to spend an additional year at Elite until he got an offer from Weber State in January of his senior year. After a visit to the campus, he committed there.

At Weber State, he played in 18 of the team's 31 games. He averaged 10.3 minutes, 3.7 points, 0.7 assists and 0.9 rebounds per game. He shot 59% (10-17) from 2, 42% (13-31) from 3 and 64% (7-11) from the FT line.

Looking at the Weber State site, he had season highs of 24 minutes and 22 points in his second-ever college game against West Coast Baptist. He played in 11 of 12 non-conference games averaging 14.7 minutes per game. He only played in 6 of the team's 18 conference games, averaging 3.7 minutes per game. He played only 1 minute in the last regular season conference game and another minute in the team's Big Sky Tournament opening game loss.

It seems that he will have to sit out next season and then compete with Brendan Barry, Taurus Samuels, Wes Slajchert and Isaac Letoa in his junior year.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

05-16-18 12:32 AM - Post#256845    
    In response to rbg

Thanks for the quick hit analysis on the transfer.

Go Green 
PhD Student

08-21-18 08:25 AM - Post#260552    
    In response to Go Green

• Go Green Said:

Maybe come graduation, ill appear and provide all my details.

We will await your report breathlessly.

Still waiting....

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

10-06-18 07:39 PM - Post#262079    

Sure could use the insight from Some Dartmouth Student. 😉

Go Green 
PhD Student

10-09-18 10:43 AM - Post#262231    

He's not the first guy to promise to give the "inside scoop" at a future date, and not deliver the goods....

rbg 
Postdoc

02-25-19 09:50 AM - Post#277914    
    In response to Go Green

A profile on transfer Trevon Ary-Turner, who has been practicing with the team and will be eligible to play next season.

http://www.thedartmouth.com/article/2019/02/deete r...

Go Green 
PhD Student

02-25-19 11:39 AM - Post#277932    
    In response to rbg

Hopefully Ary-Turner can help us get over the hump and win the close ones next season.

Right now, we're just not "there" yet. Whether its youth, lack of talent, lack of coaching experience in close games, or some combination thereof, this has been a difficult season for Dartmouth men's basketball.

rbg 
Postdoc

02-25-19 11:51 AM - Post#277934    
    In response to Go Green

On the other hand, Jackson has only played 12 minutes in the past 6 games and Sistare was out for the two most recent games.

Also, in Coach McLaughlin's first year, the team was ranked #280 at KenPom with 4 games to go (ending at #305). Last year, they were at #278 with 4 games to go (finishing at #299). This year, they are at #192. That's a pretty big jump, especially given the start of last season.

Go Green 
PhD Student

02-25-19 12:50 PM - Post#277946    
    In response to rbg

• rbg Said:

Also, in Coach McLaughlin's first year, the team was ranked #280 at KenPom with 4 games to go (ending at #305). Last year, they were at #278 with 4 games to go (finishing at #299). This year, they are at #192. That's a pretty big jump, especially given the start of last season.

I agree that the team is showing progress under McLaughlin's tenure. But at some point, "progress" has to become "wins."

Also, he mostly enjoyed success at his prior stops. I presume that he mostly had talent that was better than the opponents in those places. I don't think he has tons of experience trying to scheme up ways to beat teams with better athletes like he's had to do in Hanover (at least thus far).

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

02-25-19 09:26 PM - Post#277990    
    In response to rbg

• rbg Said:
On the other hand, Jackson has only played 12 minutes in the past 6 games and Sistare was out for the two most recent games.

#192 definitely an improvement over previous years in the KP rankings. However, it still puts us at 6th in the KP rankings in the IL, yet we're tied for last as of Saturday. The league has gotten better and the rising tide is lifting the Big Green boat. I was secretly hoping, after our strong start, that we could have another shot at a post season berth like under Cormier. Right now I'm praying we win two or three more games to show year over year improvement in league. Last year we won 3 games in league and the year prior we won 4 games. Winning out the last games would be glorious, but that's asking too much of any higher power, but could happen.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.45 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:02 PM