Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Gambling on the Bison-I need a new pair of shoes!        (Topic#21550)
Paulie777 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-11-07
05-14-18 10:36 PM - Post#256783    

The news came out today per the U.S. Supreme Court is allowing sports gambling in every state, not just Nevada! Of course, legislation has to be enacted and this may take one to two years depending on the state. Pennsylvania, as well as West Virginia are way ahead of the curve and will probably be ready by fall to take bets on both college and professional sports. New Jersey and New York are close behind. There used to be a Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) that made sports betting, especially NCAA sports betting illegal except for the grandfathered in Nevada, but apparently The Supreme Court threw this out the window and deemed it in violation of the 10th amendment so here we go! Who is going to win this year Bucknell or Colgate and by how much? Before we get too uptight about this we have our own Gary Sojka who was on the PA gambling control board (a decidedly gravy job) and helped regulate ACT 71 here in the Keystone state. Let the games begin! I am a college sports purist and am against this but am looking forward to putting some wagers down on the Bison if only to spice things up.

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
05-15-18 09:40 AM - Post#256795    
    In response to Paulie777

It is a solid judicial decision in my mind too.

Bison89 
Professor
Bison89
Loc: Philadelphia
Reg: 11-14-07
05-15-18 11:12 AM - Post#256801    
    In response to HuskyColonial

Anybody who wants to bet on sports can do so illegally at local bars through somewhat shady connections. This change will help to bring sports betting out into the light and allow states to tax everything. It is all about the Benjamins!

I am not a huge gambler, but I have been known to make a bet from time to time. So, I am fine with this.
New season, new team, new dream . . .

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.45 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:18 PM