Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Username Post: Feature story on Darnell Foreman        (Topic#21734)
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
Re: Feature story on Darnell Foreman
07-31-18 12:56 PM - Post#259769    
    In response to palestra38

I haven't looked at the stats, but I would have also thought his 3 pt percentage improved. I didn't love him shooting 3's, but by the end of the season I didn't hate it. 35% was not bad for our team. As others pointed out, at least his were taken reasonably within the flow of the offense and on balance.

If I were him, I would focus on FT shooting. He can become a weapon (or at least not a liability) in the game by being our closing ballhandler. How many endgames were we screaming at our team's FT shooting?

The thing I noticed about Woods last year is how thick his arms are. I don't think we've ever had a guard with pipes like those. When he was defending bigger/faster players, he would keep his arms up and out. Whereas those players would have treated other defenders' arms as turnstiles, they were like gates when they tried to blow by Woods. He could stop the penetration without reaching in.

• palestra38 Said:
Well, I really meant (and again, this is an anecdotal observation) that early on, when he missed, he would miss badly. Later, all his shots seemed to be on target, although clearly, more missed than went in. They all seemed to be closer.

Streamers 
Professor
Streamers
Loc: NW Philadelphia
Reg: 11-21-04
07-31-18 11:57 PM - Post#259796    
    In response to Penndemonium

Woods was originally a football recruit, I believe.

Cvonvorys 
Postdoc
Cvonvorys
Loc: Princeton, New Jersey
Reg: 10-11-06
08-01-18 03:44 PM - Post#259828    
    In response to Streamers

I think I can take credit for pointing out that Penn wins when Darnell shoots less. When Darnell played like the quintessential point guard of making those around him better, he and the team did better.

That being said, it seemed he made better decisions regarding shot selection as the year went on. And that being said, we do not have our dream season last year without Darnell. So irrespective of Ivy League first team, second team, or honorable mention, Penn was a better team with Darnell... True?

And while I'm patting myself on the back, let me also take credit for predicting Caleb Wood's break out season. Who's going to fill that roll next season?

Finally, please do not insult me by saying that I am the same person as Palestra38. Unlike most of you on this board, I do not hide behind a screen name. Google "Colin Vonvorys" and you can learn all about me and my family. P38 can cover up his real identity, I really don't care.

palestra38 
Professor

08-01-18 03:46 PM - Post#259829    
    In response to Cvonvorys

I don't want to get into a fight with you on this board. No one suggested we were the same person seriously (thank goodness)---it was a joke thread. And most people here know who I am, including you.

Quakers03 
Professor

Reg: 12-07-04
Feature story on Darnell Foreman
08-01-18 04:03 PM - Post#259834    
    In response to palestra38

Did I miss the time Palestra38 went out of his way to hide his identity? He's been pretty open with it, in fact. Walls starting to closing in?

I wonder how much overseas demand there is for a player like Darnell.

Cvonvorys 
Postdoc
Cvonvorys
Loc: Princeton, New Jersey
Reg: 10-11-06
Re: Feature story on Darnell Foreman
08-01-18 04:30 PM - Post#259840    
    In response to Quakers03

I have no interest in getting into a "fight" (which P38 would lose, both physically and intellectually). My points:

1) Penn wins when Darnell shoots less.

2) I predicted Caleb would have a break out season.

3) I am not P38. Maybe this helps you to understand how I feel when I'm confused with P38:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_PzQAx9wgs

Yes... I understand I am the Elephant Man in this analogy, although the similarity is striking...

Jeff2sf 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-22-04
Feature story on Darnell Foreman
08-02-18 09:01 AM - Post#259858    
    In response to Cvonvorys

if it makes you feel better, when I call p38 "Colin", I'm intending to make him feel bad about the egregiously odious way he argues Antonio Woods in a manner similar to how you argue politics. It really has nothing to do with... Oh, I guess it does.

10Q 
Professor

Loc: Suburban Philly
08-02-18 09:18 AM - Post#259859    
    In response to Jeff2sf

Jeff. Have you been lurking on the OTB again?

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.411 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:57 PM