Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Almost OT: Umass and premature exuberation        (Topic#219)
Streamers 
Professor
Streamers
Loc: NW Philadelphia
Reg: 11-21-04
12-10-04 10:44 PM - Post#1100    

Did anyone see the UMass-UConn video clip where the UMass player who scores the winning hoop goes into the stands to celebrate with 4 seconds left and the ball still in play? UConn goes 5 on 4 gets off a shot and nearly steals the win.

The PTI guys (including Penn-dad Kornheiser, there is your Ivy link) had a ball with this claiming the basketball gods should have had UConn's comeback shot go to teach everyone a lesson.

I say, forget about the basketball gods. Where were the referees?? Maybe the rules mavens out there can help me with this, but shouldn't they have teed up that kid who went into the stands and given the Huskys a chance to win from the line???

Green Ghost 
goober

Loc: New York, NY
Reg: 11-22-04
Re: Almost OT: Umass and premature exuberation
12-12-04 09:37 PM - Post#1101    
    In response to Streamers

er, isn't Tony a Cornell-dad? Or is he both? I remember a Cornell helmet sitting on the set of PTI a while back...

-The Ghost
The preceding opinion is my own, and is not necessarily representative of the opinion of anyone else, but it could be, it should be, and it probably is.

DCAJedi 
Masters Student

Loc: Somewhere.
Reg: 11-21-04
12-12-04 10:51 PM - Post#1102    
    In response to Green Ghost

He has one child at Cornell and one at Penn.
"Here will be an old abusing of God's patience, and the king's English."

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
12-13-04 05:42 PM - Post#1103    
    In response to Streamers

I was actually watching the game when it happened. I thought UConn really failed to take advantage of the 5-4, though I don't know if there was time to take capitalize on the open man in the lane and tie the score. I had the technical thought as well.

Kit 
Senior

Loc: Central Massachusetts
Reg: 11-29-04
12-14-04 06:42 PM - Post#1104    
    In response to SomeGuy

I was at that game with my brother. The UMass player was just too excited to care about the last 4 seconds of the game. If they had called the technical... 9,000 angry fans would have gone bezerk.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.145 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:49 PM