Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Username Post: MMM All-Ivy preview        (Topic#21935)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
10-16-18 08:37 PM - Post#262765    
    In response to rbg

Brown has a puncher’s chance against any of the top four on a given night. If they can get to the tournament, they can be the team you don’t want to play. As a very young team they kept most games close, and another year of maturity will hopefully help win more of those.

This feels like a year where 6-8 could get you in.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
10-16-18 09:21 PM - Post#262766    
    In response to Bruno

Agreed. That’s why the question of what Princeton is matters a lot — if they jump back to being good, we could see a pretty clear top four. If not, though, seems like another year where everyone is in it the final weekend.

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
10-17-18 09:09 PM - Post#262912    
    In response to SomeGuy

Last year's Princeton team played inconsistent--which means bad--defense and choked offensively at the end in a slew of close games. The frontcourt freshman getting PT weren't able to hold up defensively, Gladson was limited by his injury, and Henderson seemed unwilling to leave Aririguzoh in there (although some of that was foul trouble). Much seemed to be nicked up toward the end of the season as well.

I expect Much and Derosier to be tougher and smarter this year on D, Gladson to get more minutes, and maybe Aririguzoh to shoot enough and foul less. I also expect Stephens to be told that with Llewelyn out there he should focus more on D and less on having to create scoring opportunities for himself.

I wish I were confident that we'd see more ball pressure, because these guys do better that way in man or zone, but after tearing out my hair last season I'm not sure Henderson is going to let it grow back.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
10-18-18 05:41 AM - Post#262918    
    In response to SRP

Pretty rare for Princeton to not be an effective defensive tetam? Or am I just channeling 1998?
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Silver Maple 
Postdoc

Loc: Westfield, New Jersey
Reg: 11-23-04
10-18-18 09:00 AM - Post#262928    
    In response to Bruno

It was all very weird with Princeton last year. I didn't think they were going to be as good as many of the predictions or the previous year, but I didn't expect them to be quite so inept, and not in the ways that they were. Perhaps they just had a shpilkis in their genechtagazoink. This season will tell us if that was an aberration or something deeper.

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.22 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:19 AM