Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Brown White Scrimmage        (Topic#21968)
JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
10-20-18 05:48 PM - Post#263123    

The first thing I noticed is no one was rehabbing on an exercise bike or sporting a cast. All 15 on the roster played, Anderson has put on strength in shoulders and upper body and looks strong, His shot looked improved and he shot with more confidence. Looked good. Obie looked good shooting from outside, drove inside, and ran the court well. Looks ready to get on with his senior campaign. Howard looked more comfortable shooting threes. Choh played strong inside on O and D, as per usual. George MK can really stroke it from three. Great form. Played active D. Will add a nice option. Lengthens the bench. The Bears will continue to have no inside presence on O. Neither Fuller or De Wolfe contributed offensively other than passing and screening from the post. Gainey is very thin but runs the floor well and made a nice block on a Choh drive to the hoop. Cambridge looked good shooting the ball and playing active D. Sully shot well and showed his usual hustle. And Shaper can really shoot if left alone. Mitchell is a strong kid. Shoots well. Runs the floor. Hunsaker made some nice shoots but at times seems clumsey and careless with the ball. Like last year. Good amount of athleticism on the court. Martin will have a veteran team and a lot more options and combinations to employ. I think Gainey will demand PT with the shot blocking dimension he brings. Close to 6-10 with greater wing span. They may just get into that 4th spot or surprise even more than that. And Martin and TJ are a year more experienced too.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
10-20-18 10:28 PM - Post#263132    
    In response to JBears

Nice report JB, I think we also saw some Defense intensity which may pay dividends this season .

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
10-21-18 07:15 AM - Post#263138    
    In response to Old Bear

That’s right OB. That will a focus for improvement this year. I believe the increased athleticism will aid that effort. That’s also why I think Gainey will see the floor at least in small doses at first. Get him acclimated early to D1 ball and reap the benefits of his long disrupting reach and shot blocking. He can be the rim protector that will enable the D to extend out and know if you get beat all is not lost. George MK and Mitchell should also help. I think between his shooting and quickness MK will take some minutes from Hunsaker.

DeWolfe creates space for himself inside at times with his back to the basket. I wish he would develope a jump hook or a basic fake one way then up and under move at some point. He doesn’t need to be the second coming of Kevin McKale to add more of an offensive dimension to his game.

A starting backcourt of Cambridge and Anderson has much promise. Add MK and Hunsaker and that is a very strong rotation.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
10-21-18 10:01 AM - Post#263145    
    In response to JBears

Thanks for the great report. From everything we know they are entering the season right on the cusp, probably on the outside looking in, but with upside. Our depth inside is a problem we will have to overcome regularly, but Choh adds a small-on-big dimension that he learned to exploit 2nd half of the Ivy season.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.549 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:31 AM