Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Thanks to C66 and AntiUngvar,, and to the Core and NYC        (Topic#22160)
Tod Howard Hawks 
Freshman

Reg: 03-17-14
11-21-18 12:08 PM - Post#266715    

Thanks to you both. C66, I remember the 5th floor of Furnald Hall well. My roommate was Tom Michael from Indiana, a national YMCA swimming champion, who was to be elected captain of the team both his junior and senior year. Quite an honor. AntiUngvar, thank you for your kind words as well. I loved my four years at Columbia College. Over the years since I graduated, I have shared with many others why I feel Columbia College offers the best undergraduate liberal arts education in the world: the Core Curriculum and New York City. As all of you know, every basketball player, every football player, every debater, every dancer--indeed, every student at Columbia College, regardless of his or her major--must take the Core. There is no fast break fast enough, no end sweep wide enough, to circumvent the Core. That means for me that every Columbia College graduate is learned for life, and is ready to enhance intellectually his or her life for the rest of his or her life. Moreover, living in and experiencing New York City, the de facto capital of the world, for four years makes every Columbia College student a citizen of the world, even if he or she decides eventually to reside somewhere else, which is what I did, winding up in Boulder, CO. This synergistic combination of the Core and the City is what sets, I feel, Columbia College apart from the other Ivy schools. Thanks again to both of you for your warm welcome to this board.

Edited by Tod Howard Hawks on 11-21-18 12:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mike Valmas 
Freshman

Reg: 07-30-18
Re: Thanks to C66 and AntiUngvar,, and to the Core and NYC
11-26-18 09:30 AM - Post#267019    
    In response to Tod Howard Hawks

What a bunch of boring nonsense.

AntiUngvar 
Masters Student

Loc: New York City
Reg: 07-23-18
Re: Thanks to C66 and AntiUngvar,, and to the Core and NYC
11-26-18 11:30 AM - Post#267032    
    In response to Tod Howard Hawks

Tod,
Just a point of clarification for you- that prior entry came from one Gerald Sherwin- the man truly responsible for bringing the men's basketball program to its knees. And now, putz that he is, just refuses to acknowledge what he's done, go away; or at very least follow your example and use his very own name in presenting his unsolicited (and may I say rather insipid) comments. Quite a sad and pathetic old man...

Silver Maple 
Postdoc

Loc: Westfield, New Jersey
Reg: 11-23-04
11-26-18 02:40 PM - Post#267080    
    In response to AntiUngvar

Ooooh-- this is fun. Please continue, gentlemen!

AntiUngvar 
Masters Student

Loc: New York City
Reg: 07-23-18
11-26-18 04:12 PM - Post#267103    
    In response to Silver Maple

Not intended in that vein; but FYI, Mr. Hawks is an honorable fellow, representative of the very best the University has to offer- much more so than can be stated, for example, about myself.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.211 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:33 AM