Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: First year players        (Topic#22165)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
11-22-18 12:25 PM - Post#266793    

Got to see some of the younger players down the stretch of the Salve game. Great that they got to play.

Seems clear Shaughnessy is a grinder but with some real skill. High motor clearly, but pretty comfortable with the ball and had good shots and possessions on offense. Seems like he will be a contributor for this team as he matures.

You see what Gainey brings. Length and some touch. Raw but very close to the rim. There’s a place for him in the lineup in the coming years as he matures and gets bigger.

I continue to be impressed by Mawanda Kalema. On offense he is smooth and makes the right play. Really can shoot but also create and finish. He doesn’t look 6’3 to me but he’s been playing like he has some length. Defense is apparently the holdback, but he’s looked active to me between last weekend and last night.

The motor of Mitchell can’t be denied. He is the most energetic and hard nosed player on the floor. He tips balls, gets tough rebounds, and is comfortable enough shooting it and making plays. Type of guy that’s no fun to play against. And defensively he looks fantastic.

Great to see some of the newer players get some PT.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.272 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:24 PM