Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Username Post: Has Brodeur Improved?        (Topic#22200)
Quakers03 
Professor

Reg: 12-07-04
12-23-18 12:43 AM - Post#269935    
    In response to UPIA1968

Anyone else we want to do this to? To say he has stepped up would be an understatement.

Lefteroo 
Senior

Reg: 02-12-05
12-23-18 01:26 AM - Post#269946    
    In response to Quakers03

He played a truly excellent game against New Mexico. He's been super all season.

Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
Has Brodeur Improved?
12-23-18 04:12 PM - Post#269980    
    In response to Lefteroo

I was thinking the same thing as I watched the replay. This year, he has added runners and hooks to his game - and he can make them. His passing has improved dramatically. He is just a bit quicker on defense. If he can hit his FTs and jumpers, he will be a monster.

Edited by Penndemonium on 12-23-18 04:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
12-23-18 04:48 PM - Post#269983    
    In response to Penndemonium

Whether or no AJ is improved (at the margin he has a little)from being a first team Ivy player is not the story of the season. The story is the dramatic improvement of Dev Goodman and the emergence of two freshmen that are making a massive impact on this team despite. Wing lightly regarded as recruits by most. This team is better than they were a year ago when everyone thought they would be the same at best while Yale and Harvard would win the title Oenn was gifted last year through opponent injuries.

Jeff2sf 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-22-04
12-23-18 05:14 PM - Post#269984    
    In response to PennFan10

This reads like you’re pooping on aj. Where was anyone saying anything about Bryce mike or dev?

But sometimes you just need to laud the best player. Don’t chase the story/narrative. We win because of aj. We win because of most of our other players too. But aj most important

PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
12-23-18 05:27 PM - Post#269985    
    In response to Jeff2sf

Just trying to point out where our biggest improvements have come from. AJ is and has been AJ. He is not dramticallly improves from the first team Ivy and first team Big 5 that he is. That’s not pooping. It’s a good thing. Our team is better for those other reasons.

Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
12-23-18 07:45 PM - Post#269988    
    In response to PennFan10

It is stunning to watch this team play. They handled intense pressure from New Mexico well. While NM wasn't the best coached team I've seen, they had athletic players with skills. Their big men were a handful. Most Penn teams would have caved against the pressure at some point. Our guys missed tons of makeable shots, made mistakes, and had a few defensive lapses (though they were overall good on D). They just kept their head down and kept plugging away. They were always composed and focused on the job at hand. You can't count on all of the bounces going their way, but you can count on them to not beat themselves.

As people have pointed out, Goodman, Wang, and Washington have been surprises. So has Silpe. Woods has played without fear and is a nice anchor on D.

I have been very cautious about Simmons many times on this board. Against NM, I saw that Simmons is almost ready to really contribute. His body looks far stronger. He could make a difference at PF in the future.

Jackson Donahue hit some important shots, but he still bums me out with his shot selection. He hit two great ones, then took one of his instant-offense off-the-dribble long distance threes. He is a very good shooter when taking open shots created by our offense - possibly our best. He is quite a poor shooter when he tries to create his own shot. I don't want shooters to be afraid to take a shot, but I can't celebrate the fact that he is the only player on an efficient team offense that is simply taking ill-advised shots. I wish he would give Steph Curry his unlimited green light back.

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.321 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:02 AM