Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: at SMU        (Topic#22350)
penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
12-22-18 11:02 PM - Post#269923    

Cornell didn't really show up for this one.

mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
Re: at SMU
12-23-18 12:11 PM - Post#269963    
    In response to penn nation

• penn nation Said:
Cornell didn't really show up for this one.

No "really" about it. SMU is a fine team but that was ugly. Other than Morgan, it is hard to say anyone else looked like they belonged on the floor with Mustangs.

The lack of talent on this team after Morgan is incredible. Warren is playing as well as he can in the Stone Gettings role, but he isn't as good a shooter or passer as Stone. After a hot start, Boeheim has settled in as a sixth man who can get you around 10 points (unless he's cold). Julian is fine as a rebounder/shot-blocker, but his shooting touch has disappeared. McBride has regressed (his ORat is down over 35 points with virtually the same usage) to where he's not really useful. Whiteside has regressed as well. Gordon is hurt, and wasn't shooting that well before the injury to his hand. This past year's recruits have shown even less than I feared. Other than Morgan, I'm not sure anyone else is more than a reserve for another team in the league.

I noted over on ELynah, that an Ivy team has earned a sub-10 game score on Bart Torvik's site five times this year. Three of those games belong to the Big Red ('gate, Delaware and last night at SMU). I'm not sure exactly what that means, but there is no way it is good.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.63 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:09 AM