Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Dartmouth v UNH        (Topic#22379)
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
12-30-18 03:22 PM - Post#270476    

Nice to see Rai come on in the 2nd half. The bench outside of Rai added 1 point. Very glad to see we got the W in this one. A win is a win. But the lack of depth and bench production is going to be a problem in league. With Princeton and Brown getting big wins over the holiday break every team projected to be ahead of us in league has a better resume.

Yale over Florida, Harvard over Saint Mary's, Penn over Villanova, Brown over SD St., and Princeton over AZ St. Our highest rated win was over BU. Nice win but we need more depth to battle in league if we're going to make the top 4 and the Ivy tourney.

Credit McLaughlin on some nice play calling out of time outs. Got some good baskets to make up for an off shooting outing form deep 25%. Our FT% really came in handy too, since we got to the line 3 times as much as NH. Let's get the W against Vermont and head into League on a super high note. That's the win that will put us up with the top of the ivy in terms of quality wins of top 150 teams.
"...no excuses - only results!”

Edited by GoBigGreenBasketball on 12-30-18 03:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
Re: Dartmouth v UNH
12-30-18 03:52 PM - Post#270480    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

• GoBigGreenBasketball Said:
Let's get the W against Vermont and head into League on a super high note. That's the win that will put us up with the top of the ivy in terms of quality wins of top 150 teams.

That will also be easier said than done.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Re: Dartmouth v UNH
12-30-18 04:31 PM - Post#270482    
    In response to Go Green

We are now 7 vs 6 vs D1!

rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
12-30-18 06:24 PM - Post#270498    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

After 4 straight wins, including one against BU, it would have been great if the Green dominated Bryant and UNH - two of the statistically weakest teams in the country. Following the surprise loss to Bryant, it was good that Dartmouth came back from an 8 point deficit with 13-14 minutes to go in the 2nd half.

Good defense (20-9 rebounding edge), 2 point shooting from Rai & Knight (3 baskets each and Knight playing in foul trouble) and FT shooting (23-28 vs 8-9) made the difference in the 2nd half.

Sistare ended with 21 points, a career high and Rai finished with 13 points, a season high.

I certainly understand the earlier point about the lack of bench production, but it is good that each of the Dartmouth starters has the ability to take over a game.

Hopefully, they get back in pre-holiday form as they head to Vermont and get ready for Harvard.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Dartmouth v UNH
12-31-18 12:14 PM - Post#270556    
    In response to rbg

I think their offense gives them options. If they get over defended on the perimeter they can go inside to Knight or Jackson. If the 3 ball is going well they can win from the outside easy. It's the best combo I've seen out of the Big Green in years.

I just felt that we've cut ourselves off a bit. We were running deeper at the beginning of the season which I liked. Bench guys like Carter, who has the highest PER in the team, hasn't been seen in months. Is he inured or in academic trouble or something??? I'm nit picking for sure, we are finally winning and I'm grateful for that. We're above .500 vs D1 comp. We also have a record 200 wins at home and it only took 32 years! I think we're on an upswing overall. I'm hoping this carries over into league and we get a couple upset wins.

Let's pray that no one gets injured because I'm not sure what happens if we have to go deep. We don't really get to see the bench in garbage time, choosing to play are main guys till the end. That and our games are so close at the end that we need our starters to close out i.e. UNH.

All that said, I still like our chances to make some noise and challenge for that 4th spot. I'm pretty certain that we won't be last in the league like the prognosticators had us before the season.

Edited by GoBigGreenBasketball on 12-31-18 12:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

12-31-18 03:45 PM - Post#270623    
    In response to rbg

Ughhhh! Just listened to Amaker on a Podcast talking about depth! Making my earlier point more timely. It made me feel like we're always a step and a half behind the top end of our league in our approach.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.226 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:46 AM