Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: The injured        (Topic#22385)
internetter 
Postdoc

Loc: Los Angeles
Reg: 11-21-04
12-31-18 12:37 PM - Post#270558    

Check out @JonRothstein’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1 079776609...
west coast fan

PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
12-31-18 02:14 PM - Post#270578    
    In response to internetter

I think the stakes are high right now. If those guys aren't back in the lineup by Dartmouth in 10 days I can't see the reason they would come back at all this season.

mobrien 
Senior

Loc: New York
Reg: 04-18-17
The injured
12-31-18 07:04 PM - Post#270694    
    In response to PennFan10

The audio of Rothstein's interview didn't sound as bad as this tweet suggests. Amaker basically said that they had expected/hoped for Aiken and Towns to be back by now, that it's taken longer than they thought, and that he's not going to make any predictions when it might be given that it's the doctors' decision.

We don't really start the Ivy schedule until February — just the home and home with Dartmouth between then and now — so they still have another month to get back. If they haven't by then, though, it gets pretty hard to see it happening. Integrating two ball-dominant players into a team that's been playing three months without them isn't necessarily an easy thing. You need some time to do it.

Edited by mobrien on 12-31-18 07:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
01-08-19 09:42 AM - Post#271754    
    In response to mobrien

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/01/07/college-ho ...

- The Harvard men finished their trip south on a disappointing note, falling to No. 15 North Carolina by 20 to end their non-conference schedule at 6-6. As they head into Ivy League play this week, the Crimson face several question marks, but none bigger than the absences of their two best players, Seth Towns and Bryce Aiken, who each have still yet to play this season due to injury.

But an answer on their returns is still not clear.

“I’m not sure. We’ve certainly missed a few pieces and it shows up in games like today,” Harvard coach Tommy Amaker said after the loss to the Tar Heels. “But certainly, we should be a little better than what we are right now, and so I’m disappointed in that and some areas of our team. But I’m not sure, to be honest with you. We don’t know, and I just ask our training and our medical community to tell me when they’re ready, and when they’re ready, we’ll welcome them back.” -

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.158 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:57 AM