Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 7 of 7 « First<4567
Username Post: Pennsylvania        (Topic#22390)
Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
01-10-19 08:33 PM - Post#272030    
    In response to penn nation

I expect Cannady and Llewellyn to make up for any loss of production from RA. OTOH, I don’t what we will do to stop a healthy Wang.

It was great to see a big crowd at Jadwin for a change. We old guys need replacements!

LyleGold 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-22-04
01-10-19 08:48 PM - Post#272031    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

• 1LotteryPick1969 Said:
  • LyleGold Said:

some immature Penn fans started chanting,"You've got 3 pts., you've got 3 pts.,

You know you were chanting too.

Only on the inside. We were actually shouting,"No, shut up, it's bad luck!" and stuff like that.

Streamers 
Professor
Streamers
Loc: NW Philadelphia
Reg: 11-21-04
01-10-19 09:40 PM - Post#272036    
    In response to bradley

• bradley Said:

Spread should be somewhere between 4 1/2 to 5 pts. ESPN projects Penn as having a 76% chance to win the game. Princeton needs to take early blows from Penn and counter punch similar to last weekend.

Should be a fun game to watch at the historic Palestra.

You will also get treated to the final 4 40th anniversary celebration and our throwback unis. I assume the Tigers will wear Saturday whites on the road.

bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
01-10-19 10:03 PM - Post#272040    
    In response to bradley

Based on Henderson's comments regarding the number of key plays in OT, approximately 10 plays, the Tigers had roughly 8 of the 10 key plays with the bulk shared by Stephens, Arirguzoh and Cannady with one key play being made by DesRosiers -- rebound and pass on a fast break by Much.

Anyone can win or lose these tight games but you certainly improve your odds by making the majority of key plays along with a good dose of luck. OT games last year had a very different result.

Tigers can play with some house money based on last Saturday's win.

JadwinGeorge 
Senior

Reg: 12-04-15
Re: Brian Earl game
01-11-19 11:13 AM - Post#272072    
    In response to LyleGold

My office in 1999 was in Scranton, PA, about 12 miles from my home. I did not have internet access at home in those dark ages. I stayed in the office to listen to the game on my office computer. The 29-3 lead was actually extended early in the second half, resulting in my decision to abandon ship. I opened the morning newspaper the next day to the sports page to see how bad things turned out. I thought the score was a misprint! I did attend the 25 point smackdown at home against Penn to close the Ivy season. That was the worst Ivy loss in Bill Carmody's Princeton career. BTW, he lost 9 Ivy games in 5 years.

penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
01-11-19 12:22 PM - Post#272093    
    In response to JadwinGeorge

• JadwinGeorge Said:
I did attend the 25 point smackdown at home against Penn to close the Ivy season. That was the worst Ivy loss in Bill Carmody's Princeton career.

Wasn't it the worst ever Princeton home loss?

1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
01-11-19 05:06 PM - Post#272135    

Does this include losses to non-D1 teams?

LyleGold 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-22-04
01-11-19 06:09 PM - Post#272137    

• penn nation Said:
  • JadwinGeorge Said:
I did attend the 25 point smackdown at home against Penn to close the Ivy season. That was the worst Ivy loss in Bill Carmody's Princeton career.

Wasn't it the worst ever Princeton home loss?

Funny, I was wondering if it was the BEST EVER Princeton home loss. It ranks right up there, but perhaps the following year when Ugonna did his 360 dunk comes close. Then again, for sentimental reasons, 2005 was special because Judson Wallace promised,"We will win our next ten games. I know that." The Tigers went 5-5 down the stretch and Joe Scott would finish his last (barely) winning season. Of course, earlier that season Penn came back from 18 down to win by 8 in OT at the Palestra.

What a shame the Penn-Princeton game doesn't end the season anymore!

bradley 
PhD Student

01-11-19 08:23 PM - Post#272142    
    In response to JadwinGeorge

Tigers are in trouble as some Quakerites are guaranteeing a win for Penn. Other Quakerites are certain that select players will play or not for select games or the season. Is it a crystal ball or fandom? Time will tell.

Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
01-12-19 03:28 AM - Post#272160    
    In response to bradley

Definitely no guarantees and expect a battle tomorrow. Hoping Quakers have a healthier Mike Wang and find their mojo again to pull out a tough win.

bradley 
PhD Student

01-12-19 10:24 AM - Post#272172    
    In response to Mike Porter

I did use the words some Quakerites versus all. Reminded me of Ewing’s 6th game guarantee in the Indiana series - his last game as a Knick or Kaiser Wilhelm’s guarantee in 1914 that his troops would be home watching the leaves fall. Penn is a solid home favorite and there are good reasons but it is a rivalry game and anything can happen in a given game. Tigers will have the option to foul towards the end of the game. I only wish that I could be so confident.

rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
01-12-19 12:49 PM - Post#272179    
    In response to bradley

Absolutely no guarantees here.

I do like Penn's chances today due to the home crowd, more comfort playing on the Palestra (not Macquarie) court, and having healthier Wang & Rothschild. I also think Donahue is a very good coach who has experience at Cornell in coaching back-to-back travel partner games. However, I am certainly concerned that Rothschild's back may not be healthy enough for him to battle inside with RA & Stephens, and I am always concerned about the free throws, especially from Brodeur late in games.

I do think that RA is the real deal and that Stephens is back to his usual self, however, I think both will not have the same results as last week if Wang & Rothschild are truly healthier. I also would expect Cannady to be much better, especially from three, than he was last week. Desrosiers and Much seem to have gotten things on track the last few games and will be very helpful.

However, I think Llewellyn is the wild card, who may be the difference in determining which team wins. His first two games were great, but he has really struggled on offense since that time. If he does not have the shooting touch this afternoon, I think a big question will be whether Coach Henderson is able to stop him from shooting as much or going to the bench for Morales more than the 10 minutes he has played in each of the last two games. If the coach allows JL to play like last week, it may be difficult for the Tigers to get a second close win.

Page 7 of 7 « First<4567
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.205 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:47 PM