Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Lost 3 games        (Topic#22420)
10Q 
Professor

Loc: Suburban Philly
Reg: 11-21-04
01-06-19 09:16 AM - Post#271505    

What happened to our dreams? After the UM and Nova games, there was real hope that this could be a truly special Penn team. Visions of Sweet 16 were dancing in a lot of heads. Now, maybe that is the real team and this latest version is a hiccup. I want to believe that.

I am willing to chalk up this loss to Princeton as one of those things that happens because we were not quite back to full health. And Jadwyn is a very tough place to win.

So 10Q says let's win some games. Let's get all healthy and recapture the magic of the first part of the season. Yes, our seed just got killed. Yes, we are done with getting votes in the polls. But in terms of dancing, the last 3 games are practically meaningless. Thanks Ivy Tournament aka the abomination.

It's one game at a time. Let's beat Princeton. Q out.

Streamers 
Professor
Streamers
Loc: NW Philadelphia
01-06-19 11:05 AM - Post#271511    
    In response to 10Q

Yeah we had visions of sugarplums dancing on our heads, but I’ll say here and now that little damage has been done. I am convinced Penn wins handily at home Saturday and no worse than splits the next 2; covering all 3. Barring new injuries, I think Penn goes something like 10-4 in the league which should be good for a 2-3 seed. Then on from there. These guys are much closer to the team that beat Nova than the one that lost to Monmouth.

1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
01-06-19 11:46 AM - Post#271514    
    In response to Streamers

I don't think you guys have anything to worry about.

The team is clearly not as fluid as earlier in the year. Wang in particular not moving as well, and Rothschild also clearly hindered by his back.

With youth on their side, these players should recover by tournament time.

Your freshman outplayed our freshman by orders of magnitude and should only get better.

I think your are most vulnerable during the ivy season on the second day of back to back games. Short bench and tired bigs.

Princeton on the other hand, will struggle to make the tournament. Our wild card is Aririguzoh; can he continue to improve?

section110 
Masters Student

Loc: south jersey
Reg: 11-22-04
01-06-19 01:12 PM - Post#271524    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

He's always looked like a strong & athletic prospect. If last night is a harbinger, he's becoming a basketball player & a scary one for the rest of the league.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.578 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:23 AM