Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Canisius        (Topic#22434)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
01-08-19 11:57 PM - Post#271817    

Gutty, ugly win. Great to win this game on the road after starting slow, running hot, losing the lead and needing a bucket at the buzzer. Perfect for pre-Ivy season.

Cambridge 31 and unstoppable. Okolie with the quietest 15-point game you’ve ever seen. Choh saved the game and was huge - getting the layup, big on the boards and scoring. Hunsaker really solid 5 assists, 1 TO). Mitchell with 6 and 8 in some key PT.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
01-09-19 06:29 AM - Post#271818    
    In response to Bruno

Cambridge is a unique talent any team in the country would be happy to have on their team. Choh is just a shade below that. Their confidence, as well as that of the team, continues to grow. Hunsaker had two quick fouls and missed most of first half but played a big role in second, playing with four fouls much of the latter portion. Okie showing great senior leadership. Mitchell was strong with six points and eight boards. Martin uses the roster very well. Five wins in a row and 11-4 record is very rare for the Bears. Heady times as we approach league play.

Naismith 
Sophomore

Loc: RI
Reg: 11-11-18
01-09-19 11:28 AM - Post#271836    
    In response to JBears

Those weekends in New Haven and Providence will not be pleasant excursions for the other six Ivy squads this year.

jst4245 
Freshman

Reg: 05-23-12
Canisius
01-09-19 12:23 PM - Post#271842    
    In response to Naismith

This is another game Brown squads historically rarely win. Three really impressive non conference wins IMO - SDSU, Canisius, and Stony Brook - show that this team may be for real.

I think we saw just how much we missed Hunsaker's steadiness when he was out in the first half with foul trouble. He is not the flashiest player, and I do wish he would hit more of the naked looks he gets from 3, but he does all the little things on both ends that contribute to a winning team.

It is clear we have 3 guys who are elite at both ends of the court - Dez, Obi, and Choh. We saw last night when you toss Mitchell out there the team switches a lot and is really disruptive to the opposing offense.

I like Anderson off the bench. Given the make up of the team I think his skill set is best used in a role anywhere from 15-24 minutes a game. He is a high usage guy and I'm not sure he warrants having the ball more than Dez, Obi, or Choh. However, in burst off the bench I think he can add a lot of value with potential upside. Im not sure, given his body language that he has bought into this role yet - and I get it he is young and had a lot of statistical success in the past - but if he does buy in Brown is going to give opponents a very very tough 40 minutes.

Edited by jst4245 on 01-09-19 12:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Canisius
01-09-19 11:27 PM - Post#271902    
    In response to jst4245

Agree with every point you made here.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.311 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:34 AM