Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Given the clear emergence of the Brown Bears, does Columbia have any shot a        (Topic#22435)
Chet Forte 
Postdoc

Reg: 03-02-08
01-12-19 01:44 PM - Post#272186    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

Good point. Tape runs the court like a man who is 6’4” and not 6’10”. He also looks good in the high post.

AntiUngvar 
Masters Student

Loc: New York City
Reg: 07-23-18
01-12-19 03:29 PM - Post#272215    
    In response to Chet Forte

All points duly noted;
and it's Tapé, Tapé, Tapé, Tapé............Tapé

Tod Howard Hawks 
Freshman

Reg: 03-17-14
01-12-19 04:08 PM - Post#272245    
    In response to AntiUngvar

I've just finished watching the first half against Elmira. I've already written that even if Columbia scorches Elmira by 30, it will mean nothing. Columbia is already up by 20. Let's see how the Lions due against the Big Red in Ithaca next week.

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
he clear emergence of the Brown Bears, does Columbia have any shot a
01-12-19 10:34 PM - Post#272403    

If you read the Mountainred post that I responded to, you’ll see that, in acknowledging my point, he made a lighthearted reference to going ahead and playing the games. I was referencing that, in a way that I thought was equally lighthearted. I apologize if that was somehow offensive. To be clear I was not suggesting that any Columbia fans didn’t want to play the season. Of course, I’m a little surprised I have to say this, and I’m pretty confident that Chet Forte wasn’t interpreting my comment that way (or even responding to me).

As for whether I should just frequent the Penn board, I am happy to go away if people prefer that. However, I note that this board has always been a pleasant place to talk basketball, and Columbia fans like Chet, Columbia 37P6, and Dr V are passionate and knowledgeable and I have enjoyed their perspectives and our debates over the years. The tone and collegiality of the board changed markedly when you began posting, as the posts have become more personal and less about actual basketball. If the traditional Columbia posters want me gone, I am happy to step away. Otherwise, I will continue to comment when I have something to say. I can not guarantee that what I say will make sense, but I will do my best.

cc66 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-09-09
01-12-19 10:39 PM - Post#272404    
    In response to SomeGuy

SG: I have always enjoyed your posts and urge you to stay.

AntiUngvar 
Masters Student

Re: he clear emergence of the Brown Bears, does Columbia have any shot a
01-12-19 11:08 PM - Post#272406    
    In response to SomeGuy

SomeGuy,
I can't control what you do or write- even when you're making it up. But a while ago, you presented something as fact, with no corroborating evidence attached to it, stating that I was posting under two different monikers. After I called you on it, and it should have patently obvious to you that the person using that other title was banished by the powers that be, you offered no statement
of contrition or apology for your jump to a false conclusion. I really felt that situation would have been a better one for you to express some remorse about than anything that's transpired herein during the last 24 hours.

Edited by AntiUngvar on 01-12-19 11:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SomeGuy 
Professor

01-12-19 11:37 PM - Post#272407    

You mean the multiple screen names thing? My “basis” was that one poster was named Michael Valmas, which appears to also be your name. Both started posting a while back, and immediately thereafter the administrator put up a message reminding of the rule that nobody should be posting from multiple accounts. Somebody (I think Jeff2SF) asked who the administrator was referencing, and given these facts I assumed it was you, and so I said so. If you “called me on it,” I never saw it, so I had no idea that I owed you an apology. I frankly largely stopped reading your posts (and Valmas’s) because they tended to be personal and argumentative and I assumed you were just one guy spamming the board from multiple screen names.

SomeGuy 
Professor

01-12-19 11:43 PM - Post#272408    

Your edit to this post is interesting. As originally written, your post begged the question as to how you knew the other poster had been banished (if he was indeed not you). You seem to have reread your post, noticed that it might be a question that would suggest you were in fact both posters, and therefore changed the phrasing to now say it must be obvious the other poster was banished. Certainly not anything I had noticed, if he has in fact been banished. Nor do I have any idea why he would have been banished (or even whether we banish anyone, or why we would).

AntiUngvar 
Masters Student

01-13-19 12:07 AM - Post#272410    
    In response to SomeGuy

You see a post is edited, and it's of course so easy for you to make up your own convenient explanation for it. That's not the name of the poster banned. And if you don't read my posts, why are you opening up this can of worms tonight in response to one of my posts?

SomeGuy 
Professor

01-13-19 12:29 AM - Post#272411    

As I am sure you know as well as I do what you had originally written, saying that I am inventing an explanation is a remarkably dishonest tact to take. What you said originally was simply that the other poster was banned. You edited it to say that it should have been obvious that the other poster was banned — downplaying your knowledge of that fact.

You make it clear in this latest post that you do in fact know who the banned poster was. So who was posting under multiple names? How do you know them? I apparently don’t know, despite all of the evidence I am aware of suggesting that you were, in fact, both posters.

AntiUngvar 
Masters Student

01-13-19 12:56 AM - Post#272413    
    In response to SomeGuy

Contact the webmaster.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.173 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:49 AM