Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Username Post: The Wang Factor        (Topic#22459)
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
01-15-19 02:21 AM - Post#272637    
    In response to SRP

I thought Wang definitely looked more limited.

That said, I'm confident that we were more heavily game planned. If you were Princeton, why wouldn't you invest extra time and effort to research an opponent who you will see 2 or 3 times during the year, who is clearly one of the few teams standing between you and the conference title and tournament, and one for whom game planning is likely to help the most (i.e. the talent isn't really superior one-on-one or athletically, so you want to disrupt their game flow). Even if they didn't invest the effort, they clearly already know more about us from playing us last year.

Princeton clearly took away the backdoor passes and defended the cuts. Those are the plays that allowed us to get easy baskets for a team that doesn't shoot so straight. We relied on guard penetration (difficult shots from Woods and Goodman), outside shooting (only Washington could shoot), and Brodeur's inside moves (he got decent shots but a lot didn't fall). We are averaging 15 assists a game, but we only got 7 in the first game and 9 in the second.

That is what went wrong. I think that we will be right back in the race when our players are healthy. I always thought the Ivy season was going to be tough.

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.252 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:46 AM