Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: JWU        (Topic#22472)
JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
01-14-19 10:30 PM - Post#272627    

Well, we did what we were supposed to do tonight.Great effort from Choh with 11-7-5. He really is the heart of the team, playing hard all the time. Tough presence. Cambridge is getting real hot at just the right time. Some of his 3s were from 30 feet with nothing but net. Obi has developed a real good stroke, and continues to take it inside strong, as well. Even Jaylen Gainey got 12 and 6 tonight. JWU had a lot of players 6-4 and less. But none the less, Gainey moves very well; has a great wing span; runs the floor and gets off the floor very quickly. In an interview Martin said he works real hard at practice, in the weight room, and on his skills. He also mentioned the young man has added 20 lbs. So far. I didn’t hear why Howard missed the game. We’ll need every one against Yale. A team I think is the best in the league. Here’s hoping the Bears prove me wrong Saturday.

Edited by JBears on 01-14-19 10:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
01-14-19 10:55 PM - Post#272629    
    In response to JBears

On the postgame radio broadcast, I believe Coach Martin told Scott and Russ that Howard turned his ankle.

I don't know the severity, but hopefully he is ready to go against Yale. I agree that they will need everyone from the rotation as healthy as possible for Saturday's game.

I don't know if they mentioned anything about Anderson, but he still does not look 100 percent since he came back from his injury.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
JWU
01-16-19 01:54 PM - Post#272764    
    In response to rbg

Agree BA has seemed out of sorts. I sense it's both mental and physical. Listen it's tough - he's playing a new role where he has less of the game to have the impact he's used to having, and he may not be 100% physically. Put those together and you'll get some disruption.

The one marked point of improvement in his game has been his outside shooting, which through the first 2/3 of this season had been greatly improved. But he isn't getting to the line nearly as much, not getting the calls he got last year, and so those no-calls are turning into turnovers at a high rate.

I have no idea how I'd refocus him, but I'd probably start with - move the ball on the perimeter, and keep penetrating inside - but with more focus on ball security. And when he's not getting the calls, he needs someone to run with him who he can draw the defense away from and dump it. If he can use penetration to distribute more, and continue to force turnovers - which he does as well as anyone in the league - that would be real value heading into the Ivy, and a good and focused role for him as he rounds back into it.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Edited by Bruno on 01-16-19 01:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.208 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:07 AM