American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Premium
The Wire
Recruiting
Alumni
Username Post: pretty much as expected        (Topic#2249)
CaliHawk 
Freshman

Reg: 01-23-06
01-26-06 03:37 PM - Post#14089    

Congrats to Bucknell, who proved they're the class of the league by coming into our gym and beating us, albeit in a hard-fought game. The game pretty much went like I thought it would, though it was good to see Lehigh fight all the way to the end. Who knows, maybe in the tourney a few breaks go our way and we can pull off the upset. But now it looks like we'll have to do that in Lewisburg.

Bison1999 
Junior

Re: pretty much as expected
01-26-06 03:44 PM - Post#14090    
    In response to CaliHawk

Olivero was more productive than I expected. He did a good job shaking his defender. And some of his 3s were shot from somewhere near Philadelphia.

Knight previewed what the rest of the league can expect this year.

Liked how the refs generally stayed out of the way (though Badmus was nailed for 2 highly questionable fouls). Very much looking forward to Round 2.

Good luck this Sat.; however, I think HC matches up too well against you. With Simmons seemingly health & significant contribution from AVB & Clifford, I think HC will win this easily.

bison63 
Postdoc

01-26-06 04:37 PM - Post#14091    
    In response to Bison1999

Hey Cali, you need to get some other LU people on this board..other than you this looks like a BU "away" board.
By the way, if you are not aware out there on the left coast, the best individual PL school board is the HC board (Crossports). You can get the link from the HoopTime On line site. The HC board is extremely active and they are most hospitable to other PL posters (as long as they behave themselves).

By the way, based on last night, I see no reason why the LU/HC game on Sat should not go down to the wire.

ericatbucknell 
PhD Student
ericatbucknell
Reg: 01-22-06
01-26-06 06:38 PM - Post#14092    
    In response to bison63

on paper, id say hc/lehigh at lehigh is the best game of the year. (hc-bucknell will likely be bigger.) both teams know that the loser is likely out of the pl title hunt. the winner is alive and, perhaps more importantly, controls its own destiny for homecourt in the playoffs. and the best part? its a toss-up.

weve got a lot of basketball left to play, and bucknell at holy cross is going to be huge, but this is a 'MUST WIN' for two well-matched teams. im excited already.
The Bracket Bustin' Bison are Back!

Okay. First round streak BACK ON!

Hoop Time 
Sophomore
Hoop Time
01-28-06 01:04 PM - Post#14093    
    In response to ericatbucknell

Quote:

both teams know that the loser is likely out of the pl title hunt.

I'd say that is more the case for Lehigh than HC. Lehigh has BU and HC both on the road the second half, they really cannot afford another home loss, even in the race for second.

HC would certainly prefer to have just one loss when it faces Bucknell, though tying the Bison for the regular season would still leave BU with homecourt in the final since, assuming each have only lost to the other, the tiebreaker would go to RPI.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.332 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:47 AM