Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Dartmouth II        (Topic#22519)
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
01-26-19 05:10 PM - Post#273626    

Tough win, but it's a win nonetheless.

Bryce missed his first 6 shots before taking over down the stretch, employing some ankle breaking moves for the first time in a while and hitting the boards. Christian carried the offense in the first half and Chris was consistent (8-10 shooting) with strong defense.

Crimson fought to take away the three from Dartmouth, but Samuels and Barry hit 8 three's (17 att's).

Ugly game, but my expectations on FT shooting won this one as Crimson shot 14-16, including 9-9 in the second half. Juzang (5-5), Kirkwood (5-5) and Aiken (4-4) were cool from the line.

Down the stretch, Tommy relied on the lineup of Baker, Kirkwood, Juzang, Aiken and Bassey.

Overall:
- strong defense
- only 9 TO's
- 87.5% FT shooting
- Baker 8 for 10
- Bassey 12 rbs
- Juzang 19pts, 5 assts

Edited by HARVARDDADGRAD on 01-26-19 05:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mobrien 
Masters Student

Loc: New York
Reg: 04-18-17
Re: Dartmouth II
01-26-19 05:26 PM - Post#273633    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

We survived. Defensively, we did a much better job staying with their shooters, especially when we switched on that down screen action Dartmouth loves to run.

Offensively ... there were just long stretches where nobody over than Lewis and Juzang could hit a shot. We were getting good looks, just couldn't knock them down. Aiken was really pressing in the first half, and didn't really get into the flow of things until we finally found him for a backdoor midway through the second.

One small positive was that we did do a better job of taking care of the ball when we had Aiken and Juzang on the court together — although the negative was that we had a flurry of turnovers when the two of them were off. Might need to stagger their minutes more.

Bottom line: if we can play defense like that, cut our TO rate, and shoot like we normally do, we should be in pretty good shape going forward.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

01-27-19 05:14 PM - Post#273819    
    In response to mobrien

In response to the questions posed over on the Dartmouth Board by a Columbia fan:

Spencer Freedman did not play in Dartmouth II. As I anticipated, with the return of Bryce and Noah, Rio and Corey saw limited minutes but Spencer was the odd man out. Rio plays better D and Corey is the better shooter. In a close game, expect Bryce and Christian to go 30+ and Noah to see large minutes.

Yale and Brown will be tough, even at Lavietes. This squad is still adjusting. Robert Baker starting in Seth’s continuing absence not the same. Henry Welsh and Danilo Djuricic as the second squad bigs have not produced in a few games. Yale may be too strong inside and Brown might be able to get to the rim or may not need to if Cambridge goes off. This is where Seth is missed bigly.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Dartmouth II
01-27-19 06:16 PM - Post#273824    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

I note that the Crimson have been the weakest 3pt shooting team in conference games thus far (11-39 = 28%). That will change as Harvard shot 37% OOC.

Dartmouth at 43% from long range is the best in conference thus far.

I had predicted that Bryce's return would buoy Harvard's FT shooting, as will Seth's. In 2 games with Bryce, Harvard has made 36 of 40 FT's (90%!). This is not a fluke and I expect the Crimson to shoot 80%+ going forward for reasons I've previously detailed.

I note these things because to win next weekend, Harvard needs to shoot well.

Edited by HARVARDDADGRAD on 01-27-19 06:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.856 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:56 AM