Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Wesley College        (Topic#22520)
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
01-28-19 04:21 PM - Post#273896    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

I think that the answer is yes although Yale can throw two bigs at Richmond -- Bruner and Atkinson. Bruner is 6'9" with a very long wing span and Atkinson is 6'10". I suspect that Richmond's quickness and moves to the basket are good enough for him to be a significant factor.

The challenge will be that Bruner can shoot away from the basket (32% from 3s) unlike Atkinson and Arirguzoh may have some trouble going out to guard Bruner.

The really interesting match up will be Lewis and Arirguzoh; will be a heavyweight fight. It is hard to believe that Richmond has progressed so much that he can give any Ivy center a good battle.

On a side note, it was interesting to see that Wright vs. Morales was the starting guard. There is some redundancy between Llewellyn and Morales as to both being pure PGs. Although Division III game, you can see the difference in Llewellyn's skill set vs. Morales. Jose is a great guy to come off the bench.

westcoast 
Senior

Reg: 03-08-16
01-29-19 12:26 PM - Post#274018    
    In response to bradley

• bradley Said:
On a side note, it was interesting to see that Wright vs. Morales was the starting guard. There is some redundancy between Llewellyn and Morales as to both being pure PGs. Although Division III game, you can see the difference in Llewellyn's skill set vs. Morales. Jose is a great guy to come off the bench.

Yeah, I think the Tigers will rarely if ever play Morales and Llewellyn together. I think it makes much more sense to pair Wright or Schwieger with Llewellyn - gives them more size, rebounding, and shooting. I think Wright is the best defender out of this group, and is the most active around the basket. Schwieger may bring the best offensive skills, but may not be quick enough to stay with some guards. I think Morales is best used as the backup PG for 5-10 minutes each half.

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
01-29-19 08:24 PM - Post#274086    
    In response to westcoast

Schwieger is big and moves well without the ball on offense. Last season, he and RA developed a bit of chemistry with Richmond passing to him out of the high post as he cut to the hoop. I agree that his matchups man-to-man have to be watched because he does not have great lateral quickness. Another guy who would benefit from more zone D.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.543 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:58 AM