Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Bucknell At Holy Cross        (Topic#22641)
HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
02-17-19 08:29 AM - Post#276957    
    In response to bison63

Floyd looked the POY today.

Old Bison 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-09-17
02-17-19 10:47 AM - Post#276969    
    In response to bison63

I said prior to the first HC game that we're always in a contest with them because of the opposing styles wrt tempo. Also said I couldn;t understand why Carmody would start the first half at Sojka MTM. Your just inviting Nate to take Floyd outside and leave Bruce to eat you down low while Nate makes swiss cheese of you from the perimeter. Compared it to BU beating us in the regular season at Sojka playing the whole game zone and them coing back in the PL tourney MTM and losing by 31! Carmody checked his ego at the door and exploited us in transition when he could (not that this was difficult considering the number of live ball TO's we provided them). Normally when you out rebound them like we did and convert 6 more 3's it will carry you but not when you cough it up 23x and commit the same # of PF's. Nate's interior defense is suspect to me (not his rebounding/just his post up and off the dribble D)and a lot like the trade-off we had with Zach (contest more strongly and risk being on the bench with a deleterious affect on our offense and rebounding). Sotos should be rested for the PL tourney in my mind...we went through this same situation with Kimball last year, i.e., giving a starter significant minutes when he's way below 100%. All that said, Nate had an unbelievable block on a Butler post-up vs Kimball down low with a follow-up dunk on the other side to put us up 2. I thought it would be the sequence that broke HC's back but they hung in. Allowing Faw as clean a look at the end was as bad as Butler giving Kimball an even cleaner look beforehand. Unfortunately our mistake was AFTER theirs. Tough to win on the road as always and we'll see zone again I'm sure. Good news is LU and CU don't play it nearly as well as others. Thank God Floyd was not himself in the first half. He's going to get his but you can't allow 4 people to score double figures. The thing that troubles me is the game played out in the low 70's. We should have won at that rate but fouls and TO's and defensive lapses kept them around. On to the next. Colgate is going to be an absolute hurdle...they're 9-1 in that god -forsaken excuse for a gym no less an arena. Buck has the two best players in the league and Colgate has the next two in Rayman and the transfer kid(except when Floyd shoots 7-8 from the line) We'll see Colgate after Cotterell and it's my hope they will allow Burns to shoot them out of it.

BreakinBison 
Sophomore

Reg: 01-23-06
Re: Bucknell At Holy Cross
02-17-19 10:54 AM - Post#276971    
    In response to BisonRoadWarrior

At least you were sitting beneath the "Bucknell" banner.

McCoy was out with a bad ankle.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.295 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:38 AM