Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Harvard!        (Topic#22708)
Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
02-22-19 11:09 PM - Post#277630    

Great team win! Dez is back, great game by MM, won on D. Anderson, Okolie, Tam and DeWolf.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Harvard!
02-22-19 11:23 PM - Post#277640    
    In response to Old Bear

I actually think the game was won on Dez. It was the finest performance I’ve seen from him, and it started from the first possession. He got big buckets. Clutch buckets. And his no look pass to DeWolf was the key play of the game. Blocked four shots as well. Just outstanding.

I’d also say BA contributed mightily. He looks like he’s regained a step. Obi and Choh their excellent selves. And don’t forget GMK off the bench for another efficient 8 pt 4 reb performance that they needed. DeWolf contributed too.

A must win and their first in 20 tries.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
Re: Harvard!
02-22-19 11:48 PM - Post#277643    
    In response to Bruno

I agree with all the above. Dez is back! I was glad to see him post up and shoot over or drive around his defender. And his outside shot was falling and that was great to see. At a few key moments really got the crowd fired up. He did set the tone for the game when he dove for a loose ball with the Harvard kid off the opening tip. Out of bounds. Brown ball.

BA brings a great change of pace to Hunsaker. Took it inside first time he entered the game for a nice left handed layup and foul. Just blew by his man. Obie played a solid overall game. Great D on Aiken. Hit some big shots. Late FTs, too.

Choh is shooting 70 plus percent from line this year, and hit some bigs ones late. Nice mid range jumpers, too. DeWolf 8 points and played good D. Couple of big rebounds late second half. Hit two large FTs late second half.

George MK really stretches that bench. Runs some great back door cuts for layups. And he has a nice outsid shot. Gaining confidence from more minutes given.

The D was super. Really moved their feet and hustled to stay in front of their man. It has been consistent all year. I can’t remember a Brown team had more steals and less turnovers than the opponents. And blocks shots, too. Very impressive.

BTW, did you see that San Diego State beat top 10 Nevada the other night? The SDST that Brown soundly defeated on the road earlier this season. They didn’t know what to do with our D.

Martin really has the team playing with confidence and enthusiasm. His substituting has been effective. If Howard can come back and contribute even slightly, this is a deep team gaining momentum heading down the stretch. That was a great college basketball game. One of the best I have seen at the Pitz in some time.

Edited by JBears on 02-23-19 12:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
02-24-19 12:36 AM - Post#277780    
    In response to JBears

Very impressed with Brown’s trajectory. Anderson has returned and Cambridge is showing glimpses.

If Brown can handle the C’s at home next week they can take a gigantic step towards securing the 4th tournament slot.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.257 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:57 AM