Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Looking for a primer.        (Topic#2284)
Panthers Win!! 

Reg: 01-30-06
Re: Bucknell band
02-03-06 04:25 PM - Post#14379    
    In response to jck45

Hopefully you guys don't get tired of this "outsider" adding comments to your board and I promise not to be back as often after our game on the 18th...

One thing I want to interject is how often those that have never played an instrument malign bands and how underappreciated bands often are. I'm not suggesting that's necessarily the case here as I don’t know much about the Bucknell band. I'm pointing more at myself that those critical of the Bucknell band in this thread. Personally I have never played an instrument; well not for more than a couple months. My daughter however plays in her local high school marching and pep bands. As an outsider, I never dreamed that there was so much effort and rigor involved in what these guys and gals do.

Maybe the Bucknell band could be better but I know, at least as it relates to my daughter, the band works harder than many student athletes, playing at multiple sporting events (even the Math and Speech Team competitions!), practicing constantly during school breaks including most of the summer, etc. Of course they don't get any glory like the athletes get. It's easy to be critical but it would be nice as well if someone leaving a sporting event sometime actually stopped and thanked the band members. Anyway, consider these comments my two cents for what their worth.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
02-03-06 04:27 PM - Post#14380    
    In response to jck45

Quote:

How about our basketball team goes to the garden and plays the Knicks to "get some perspective."

Gaining perspective from the Knicks might turn the Bison into the worst team in the Patriot League very quickly. Fortunately, however, the Knicks would not play the Bison because they might find themselves as the next Kansas. Have you watched the Knicks play this year? Awful does not begin to describe it. The Bison play MUCH better fundamental basketball.

Panthers Win!! 

02-07-06 04:04 PM - Post#14381    
    In response to Bison137

Just an update on Erik Crawford if you're interested. He's out of his boot and in tennis shoes. As I understand it the broken bone in his foot and the associated pain will probably mean he will play sparingly for awhile. His first game back may be our matchup on the 18th but if he plays the consensus seems to be that he won't play much.

mcapodee 
Sophomore

Reg: 01-29-06
02-08-06 02:25 AM - Post#14382    
    In response to Panthers Win!!

I'm glad to see some people support the pep band and its efforts to add to the atmosphere at games. We are a student-run organization (with a faculty advisor) consisting of an extremely high percentage of scientists and engineers. If we didn't want to show up and be there, we wouldn't have to and there would be no reprocussions. We go down to Sojka and cheer and scream just as much as any other orange clad Psycho. Even if there wasn't a pep band, I can guarantee that every single one us would be there at the game, so we aren't taking anyone's seats but our own.

Panthers Win!! 

02-13-06 02:39 AM - Post#14383    
    In response to Panthers Win!!

I hate to bump this from two pages of posts back but just wanted to update on UNI and I suppose with the game now on the horizon it's timely.

Crawford played I believe it was 21 minutes and looked very good in UNI's game against Missouri State Saturday. Listening to the post-game interviews he said his foot did stiffen up on him during the halftime and was sore after the game but he had no pain while playing. He was hitting his outside shots (2 for 3 from 3 point range I think).

Despite the loss to Missouri State Crawford's return should help immensely. It's just my personal opinion but I don't think UNI played poorly against Missouri State, just that Missouri State had a great plan and executed it perfectly.

Looking forward to a great game Saturday.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.322 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:27 AM