Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 3 ALL<123
Username Post: Congratulations Matt Langel        (Topic#22873)
LyleGold 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-22-04
Congratulations Matt Langel
03-17-19 01:18 PM - Post#281780    
    In response to Go Green

• Go Green Said:

Or google "When you’re Colgate, there’s only one Adonal Foyle, and no shortcuts back to March Madness"

That reminds me of the 94-95 Quakers winning the Holiday Festival at MSG by beating Adonal Foyle's Colgate team followed by St. John's with Felipe Lopez and Zendon Hamilton. St. John's was ranked in the top 20 at the time and their two stars were on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Stuart Suss 
PhD Student

Loc: Chester County, Pennsylva...
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Congratulations Matt Langel
03-17-19 01:48 PM - Post#281782    
    In response to LyleGold

Here is the original Washington Post link.

Chip Bayers 
Professor
Chip Bayers
Loc: New York
03-17-19 02:17 PM - Post#281785    
    In response to Go Green

• Go Green Said:
  • Chip Bayers Said:
That link does not go to a Feinstein WaPost column.

Try scrolling down.

Or google "When you’re Colgate, there’s only one Adonal Foyle, and no shortcuts back to March Madness"

Try not inking to trash sites overrun with pop ups, but to the original article.

Edited by Chip Bayers on 03-17-19 02:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
03-17-19 02:21 PM - Post#281787    
    In response to Chip Bayers

• Chip Bayers Said:

Try not inking to trash sites overrun with pop ups, but to the original article.

I take it that worked? You're welcome.

Hope you enjoyed the article.

Chip Bayers 
Professor
Chip Bayers
03-17-19 02:25 PM - Post#281789    
    In response to Go Green

• Go Green Said:
  • Chip Bayers Said:

I take it that worked? You're welcome.

Hope you enjoyed the article.

No, Stu’s link worked.

Go Green 
PhD Student

03-17-19 02:28 PM - Post#281790    

• Chip Bayers Said:

No, Stu’s link worked.

As did the link I posted.

Chip Bayers 
Professor
Chip Bayers
03-17-19 02:32 PM - Post#281792    
    In response to Go Green

• Go Green Said:
  • Chip Bayers Said:

No, Stu’s link worked.

It’s good to know that when you’re a dick about link etiquette you’re willing to double and triple down on your dickishness when called on it.

Go Green 
PhD Student

03-17-19 02:39 PM - Post#281794    

• Chip Bayers Said:
  • Go Green Said:
  • Chip Bayers Said:

No, Stu’s link worked.

It’s good to know that when you’re a dick about link etiquette you’re willing to double and triple down on your dickishness when called on it.

"Link etiquette?" Seriously?

My advice--shut up and stop digging yourself into a deeper hole.

TigerFan 
PhD Student

03-17-19 03:11 PM - Post#281795    
    In response to Go Green

Nice link GoGreen. Here is the first line of text I saw when I followed your directions to scroll down the page:

“I regarded round for the designated NCAA coaches seating space,” the Colgate basketball trainer mentioned with fun Thursday morning. “In any respect the ones AAU tournaments, they at all times have a spot the place the coaches are intended to take a seat. I couldn’t to find one who morning. It sounds as if, there used to be little need.”

Go Green 
PhD Student

03-17-19 03:18 PM - Post#281797    
    In response to TigerFan

• TigerFan Said:
Nice link GoGreen. Here is the first line of text I saw when I followed your directions to scroll down the page:

“I regarded round for the designated NCAA coaches seating space,” the Colgate basketball trainer mentioned with fun Thursday morning. “In any respect the ones AAU tournaments, they at all times have a spot the place the coaches are intended to take a seat. I couldn’t to find one who morning. It sounds as if, there used to be little need.”

You aren't seeing the first sentence?

"Matt Langel recalls strolling into a nearly empty Las Vegas health club 3 summers in the past and knowing he used to be the one school trainer within the position."

The part you quote is the second paragraph from the link.

Chip Bayers 
Professor
Chip Bayers
03-17-19 03:34 PM - Post#281798    
    In response to Go Green

• Go Green Said:
  • TigerFan Said:

You aren't seeing the first sentence?

"Matt Langel recalls strolling into a nearly empty Las Vegas health club 3 summers in the past and knowing he used to be the one school trainer within the position."

This is not Feinstein’s first sentence.

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
03-18-19 03:05 AM - Post#281869    
    In response to Go Green

The lede of the article appears to have been written by someone who is not a native English speaker or to have been machine translated:

Reads like the old Ackroyd/Martin two Czechoslovakian brothers routine on SNL

palestra38 
Professor

03-18-19 06:18 AM - Post#281872    
    In response to SRP

A lot of these sites that get hits are multiple translations. All you can do is pray that they don't bring you a nasty disease.

Chip Bayers 
Professor
Chip Bayers
03-18-19 08:08 AM - Post#281875    
    In response to palestra38

Right, they’re using translation software in an attempt to infringe on the original copyright (in this case, one held by the Washington Post & Feinstein) by claiming they’ve paraphrased the source.

Then they hammer visitors with junk ads and, potentially, malware.

Which is why it’s poor link etiquette for any blogger, or Facebook friend, or Twitter handle, or any other social media account you follow to send you to such sites.

Or a poster abusing his fellow members of this particular message board.

And has been widely described as poor etiquette dating back at the very least to the early ‘00s, when blogging really took off.

GoGreen could even Google this if he wants to educate himself.

Edited by Chip Bayers on 03-18-19 08:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Go Green 
PhD Student

03-18-19 08:13 AM - Post#281876    

• Chip Bayers Said:
Right, they’re using translation software in an attempt to infringe the owner of the original’s copyright (in this case, the Washington Post & Feinstein) by claiming they’ve paraphrased the source.

Which is why it’s poor link etiquette for any blogger, or Facebook friend, or Twitter handle, or any other social media account you follow to send you to such sites.

Or in this case, a poster abusing his fellow members of this particular message board.

And has been widely described as poor etiquette dating back at the very least to the early ‘00s, when blogging really took off.

Sorry I ruined your day, Chip.

Next time Feinstein writes about a Penn alum, post it yourself.

Edited by Go Green on 03-18-19 08:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Chip Bayers 
Professor
Chip Bayers
03-18-19 08:15 AM - Post#281877    
    In response to Go Green

• Go Green Said:
  • Chip Bayers Said:
Right, they’re using translation software in an attempt to infringe the owner of the original’s copyright (in this case, the Washington Post & Feinstein) by claiming they’ve paraphrased the source.

Or in this case, a poster abusing his fellow members of this particular message board.

Sorry I ruined your day, Chip.

Next time Feinstein writes about a Penn alum, post it yourself.

Or GoGreen could quintuple down on his dickishness.

Go Green 
PhD Student

03-18-19 08:19 AM - Post#281879    

I'm actually sympathetic. My daughter has Asperger's. I'm guessing you do as well.

Honestly, Chip--at the end of the day all I did was post a link about a story that I thought the Penn fans would find interesting. I won't make that mistake again.

Chip Bayers 
Professor
Chip Bayers
03-18-19 09:17 AM - Post#281886    
    In response to Go Green

I’ve never been tested, but since I’m sure you think highly of your daughter, I appreciate that you thought it was a compliment to suggest that I’m on the spectrum.

Penn fans welcome links.

To actual articles.

What diagnosis of brain function can we assign to you at a distance which might capture your inability to admit you failed to do that, and are incapable of apologizing for it?

Edited by Chip Bayers on 03-18-19 09:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Go Green 
PhD Student

03-18-19 10:10 AM - Post#281892    

As I said, I have plenty of experience dealing with "you didn't do X the way you are supposed to. Therefore, you are a bad person." I try to teach my daughter perspective... but it's tough.

She doesn't use profantiies to express her disagreements with others. But perhaps its inevitable as she gets older...

palestra38 
Professor

03-18-19 10:23 AM - Post#281895    
    In response to Go Green

All right guys---let's be friends. After all, we are exactly where Dartmouth is at this time of the year in basketball. It's not like me suggesting that Brodeur had the best stats for POY on the Harvard board---now that inspires righteous anger.

Page 2 of 3 ALL<123
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.28 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:03 PM