Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: IHO All Ivy        (Topic#22894)
Chet Forte 
Postdoc

Reg: 03-02-08
03-15-19 06:22 PM - Post#281565    

Ivy Hoops Online has announced its all Ivy team. Gabe Stefanini made first team and Patrick Tape made HM. The triple OT Harvard game made game of the year. My only quarrel with these selections is in putting the Princeton Center, Richmond A, on the second team and putting Patrick Tape as HM. I would have switched the two of them, but then again I am biased. I just think that Patrick Tape by the end of the year was easily the most fluid, accurate and effective big man in the league.

Chet Forte 
Postdoc

Reg: 03-02-08
03-15-19 06:25 PM - Post#281567    
    In response to Chet Forte

Further to my last post, neither Richmond nor Patrick was heavily recruited. All of the buzz surrounded Chris Lewis, who was I think a four star recruit. While Lewis has been a solid player for Harvard he has not been dominant.

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
03-15-19 11:34 PM - Post#281597    
    In response to Chet Forte

It’s close, but statistically Aririgozuh was slightly better at just about everything. And he did it on a team that won more games. So I have trouble quibbling with the choice.

One caveat i’d Give on Lewis — I think he was dominant as a soph and OOC this year. Not sure if it was the injury, teams figuring him out, or something else, but he wasn’t the same guy in conference this year. Both Aririgozuh and Tape were clearly better in conference.

The one thing I was particularly impressed with Lewis (and Brodeur) is how both players are able to get the ball down low regardless of whether the opponent is keying on it. For a while this year, I think Aririgozuh and Tape (and Knight too) benefited from the whole league selling out to defend the 3 point line and letting the bigs play one on one. That has led to a number of very efficient big men. Crazy that two guys shot over 70% in a Defense first league this year.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.256 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:56 AM