Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: NIT at NC State        (Topic#22950)
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
NIT at NC State
03-25-19 12:05 PM - Post#282665    
    In response to mobrien

Kirkwood is versatile, and plays differently than Bryce and Seth increasing his value. His ability to attack the rim on breaks and overplays is remarkable. His rebounding and defense seem to have developed under this coaching staff. Same thing happened with Bassey and Seth and hopefully will Ledlum next year as well.

Early in the season I worried about his deliberate style and high dribble. Last night’s announcers praised Noah’s ability to slow things down, see the court, and pass. It seems Noah has adjusted to this level now and his strengths - which early on led to TO’s - have adjusted. Again, not dissimilar to Wes Saunders but on an accelerated timeline.

I remember when the Crimson just weren’t physical enough to play with teams like Arizona. With players like Noah, Chris, Justin, Kale and likely Ledlum, Tommy is building a core that can battle with most OOC rosters. Crimson just outrebpunded two big-bodied big conference squads in Georgetown (+9) and NC State (+4). The addition of 6’7” Seth and 6’6” Ledlum should build on that advantage while hopefully cutting down on TO’s.

If Noah can run the point as he did in spurts last night, when Bryce rests Crimson will be able to put on the court a physical lineup.

Edited by HARVARDDADGRAD on 03-25-19 12:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 11-21-04
03-25-19 12:48 PM - Post#282668    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

For the record, another Penn fan who was rooting for your guys to win (I support any Ivy team in post season), and I’m on the record for saying nice win post Georgetown in that other thread.

End of day, a tough loss but a heck of a game to play at a top 40 ACC team’s house and almost get the win. Penn Nation is a good dude but that was a pretty dickish post (sorry PN but it was and poorly timed).

If everyone gets back healthy Harvard will be a hell of a team. If Penn gets everyone back healthy and the frosh live up to expectations, Penn can give them a run and make for a really exciting season. My hope is that both teams get and stay healthy so we can all enjoy how it really plays out.

mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
03-25-19 01:08 PM - Post#282669    
    In response to Mike Porter

Gonna be important to everyone to have Ivy teams do well in the non-conference next year. The Top 75 is the double-bonus, as it means a Q1 and Q2 game versus just a Q2 one. Will be vital to have Harvard, Penn and Yale crack that Top 75 and hopefully get one or two other Ivies into the 135 for extra Q2 chances.

Everyone should be rooting for each other in Nov and Dec - pretty high stakes next year.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
03-25-19 01:28 PM - Post#282670    
    In response to Mike Porter

Thanks. Very classy and thoughtful post. Agree with you on all points. I did recognize that [Mr.] Penn Nation had second thoughts and sought to walk back his comments somewhat.

This league is most fun when it is most competitive. Recent years have featured two or three team races for the championship, but increasing talent league wide seems to be expanding that. That is awesome.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.277 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:42 AM