Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Coaching Changes        (Topic#22973)
Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
Coaching Changes
05-11-19 11:39 AM - Post#284396    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

• GoBigGreenBasketball Said:
We're Dartmouth... Every loss is a big loss. When you're at the bottom of the league you can't afford losing guys. There are only a couple of "additions by subtraction" that will improve this program. Remember "A Fish Rots From the Head Down", and our league record this year stank. 💩

For all we know, they left/didn't return because they thought that the incoming players were better than they are and they'd lose even more playing time.

Edited by Go Green on 05-11-19 11:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
Re: Coaching Changes
05-11-19 12:47 PM - Post#284398    
    In response to Go Green

We do know EB's PT wasn't threatened. He could have all the mins he wanted.
"...no excuses - only results!”

Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
05-11-19 04:54 PM - Post#284403    

We were talking about Jackson and Smith.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

05-11-19 05:59 PM - Post#284404    
    In response to Go Green

• Go Green Said:

We were talking about Jackson and Smith.

Ok. Smith is a graduate transfer. We didn't lose him. I recall a Columbia player, a couple years back, who had to leave school to "redshirt" . You only get 4 years in the Ivy league whether you play or not, so you have to un-enroll. But...that's different from NCAA eligibility. So in Smith's case I think he didn't play year so he has at least a year of eligibility....I think. As for Jackson, I thought he had promise, but he got the injury bug, and Knight is the new EB. So, it makes it tough for forwards. So your probably right about PT and competition at that spot.

palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
05-17-19 08:46 AM - Post#284612    

That's not an Ivy rule. Penn has had a number of medical redshirts playing a 5th year---the last notable one being Tyler Bernardini.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

05-18-19 05:27 PM - Post#284645    
    In response to Joe.Yemly

• Joe.Yemly Said:
And another shoe dropping...or more like someone got the boot. I was under the impression that this coach was the architect of this years offense?

Although we needed defense to match, this years offense was top of the league. I wonder if we're going back to the earlier years style?

"How you gonna win when you ain't right within?" -Lauren Hill

I sure hope the volunteer assistant wasn't the architect of the offense. I'm sure he knows basketball, but if Mac is relying on his volunteer to have that big of a role in the x's and o's, that seems a bit odd.

Congrats to Pete on the promotion I guess - but why exactly are we promoting people after a 2 win Ivy season? Maybe he had another job on the table, but would letting him leave and hiring an experienced guy in that role be the worst thing in the world?

Just my 2 cents...Odd offseason moves.

Joe.Yemly you called it!!!

Edited by GoBigGreenBasketball on 05-18-19 05:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
06-09-20 09:49 PM - Post#308839    
    In response to rbg

Pete Hutchins' travels continue.

He went from Dartmouth assistant to associate head coach to George Mason assistant coach in the spring of 2019.

Hutchins has left George Mason to become Associate Athletic Director for Programmatic Strategy and head coach for boys' basketball for Western Reserve Academy prep school in Ohio.

https://www.wra.net/athletics/athletic-ne ws/news-p...

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

06-16-20 07:59 PM - Post#309076    
    In response to rbg

That's Neel Kashkari's alma mater. He's the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Why do I know this...he headed the TARP program we managed assets for. #Random

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.288 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:53 PM