Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Status of Brad Fadem?        (Topic#23043)
Stuart Suss 
PhD Student

Loc: Chester County, Pennsylva...
Reg: 11-21-04
04-22-19 12:43 AM - Post#283850    

Penn has posted a vacancy for the Director of Men's Basketball Operations. The posting was made on Tuesday, April 16.

Brad Fadem has been the Director of Men's Basketball Operations for the four years of Steve Donahue's head coaching tenure, and Brad was with Steve for five years at Boston College.

As of late night on Sunday, April 21, Brad's Twitter page still lists his title as Director of Basketball Operations.

Does anyone have more details?

SteveChop 
PhD Student

Reg: 07-28-07
04-22-19 11:07 AM - Post#283855    
    In response to Stuart Suss

Interesting. I was retiring when Steve D was named as coach and I asked him about that job (which was created when two jobs, separate men's and women's director of basketball operations jobs were created. Steve told me he had someone in mind (that was Brad who, as Stu notes, he had worked with before). I think I remember Brad also being named as an "assistant coach" before last season - perhaps he has landed a gig as an assistant coach somewhere else - if so, congrats to Brad.

PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
04-22-19 12:21 PM - Post#283856    
    In response to SteveChop

From what I hear Brad is not interested in the coaching path, more the AD path. He has been an exceptional administrator for the team in a role, prior to SD, that didn’t exist so that travel and logistics had been handled by the coaching staff. Brad allows all the coaches to focus on coaching and recruiting, which is a huge time benefit and has contributed greatly to the rise of the program under SD. He has been an integral part in the Quakers success.

If this is true, he will be sorely missed. I have not heard anything one way or another.

Stuart Suss 
PhD Student

Loc: Chester County, Pennsylva...
Reg: 11-21-04
04-22-19 01:27 PM - Post#283859    
    In response to PennFan10

Brad has now removed the title, Director of Basketball Operations, from his Twitter page.

PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
05-05-19 06:43 PM - Post#284203    
    In response to Stuart Suss

I have heard Brad has been promoted within the Penn Athletics Department. Announcement should be coming soon along with naming his replacement.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.216 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:46 AM