Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Bryce + Seth = ?        (Topic#23133)
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
06-17-19 01:42 PM - Post#285186    

Despite the Crimson's crazy depth, the upside could well be determined by how Bryce and Seth play together. Since the Dec. 6, 2017 win at Fordham, the two have appeared on the court together only 4 timess out of the last 52 contests. Moreover, Bryce was already injured and appeared at less than full strength for only 46 minutes during in those games.

Looking back to early 2017-18, Tommy actually didn't start Seth, presumably to provide scoring to the second unit before Bryce would reappear. Assuming each plays 30 minutes or so, Tommy could again try to assure that at least one of them is always on the court, meaning they'd both be on the court together roughly 20 minutes per game.

Any thoughts?

Edited by HARVARDDADGRAD on 06-17-19 01:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

OnlyCrimsonBlood 
Freshman

Reg: 04-02-19
Bryce + Seth = ?
06-17-19 11:58 PM - Post#285189    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

Against UMASS early Towns never saw the ball while Bryce jacked up 20 shots. Hopefully TA has a plan. Next game vs. HC Bryce turned it over seven times. Both started.

All this followed by the loss to Manhattan where TA played 11 guys in another loss. Neither Bryce or Seth started. There is a reason this team has never made the tournament and it doesn't all revolve around injuries.

Edited by OnlyCrimsonBlood on 06-18-19 12:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

digamma 
Masters Student

Loc: Minneapolis
Reg: 11-27-11
06-18-19 12:58 PM - Post#285211    
    In response to OnlyCrimsonBlood

Does it have to do with the variance of playing tournament finals on the road against two good to really good Ivy teams?

You can quibble with substitution patterns (and believe me I did, especially at about the 11 minute mark of the championship game this year), but the fact is we've been in that spot both seasons. Tough for me to draw a comparison from Manhattan and UMass games early in the season two years ago to those games.

OnlyCrimsonBlood 
Freshman

Reg: 04-02-19
06-19-19 05:25 PM - Post#285245    
    In response to digamma

Fair points digamma. I have a tendency to be overly critical with this group. There also is the counterargument you are making that expectations have been met. You make a great case.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
06-19-19 06:24 PM - Post#285247    
    In response to OnlyCrimsonBlood

This is a great group. For various reasons they haven’t reached the tournament, or their potential. That isn’t what I was hoping to discuss. With this year’s talent and HCA, assuming health, this squad should win over 20 games and the Ivy crown(s). Others, by projecting the Crimson as a top 25 team, have higher expectations. My topic is whether Bryce and Seth can mesh to reach those lofty heights, or at least a top 50 level.

PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
06-19-19 11:39 PM - Post#285248    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

I can't imagine those two don't figure it out. They both know they are legit scorers. Both have sacrificed a lot to stay on and with this team and they both are smart enough to know they need each other. I think Seth is not afraid of the big moment and Aiken will respect that and give him his room where this year he may have felt like the only alpha dog on the floor.

These two guys figuring out their roles with each other down the stretch in big games will certainly dictate how far the Crimson can go.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.404 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:50 PM