Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Colgate Thoughts...        (Topic#2326)
BUFan 
PhD Student
BUFan
Reg: 01-24-06
02-05-06 03:03 AM - Post#14705    

I just got back from the Colgate game. A few thoughts...

1. Worst officiated game ever. I always hate bad-mouthing the refs, but this was truly pathetic. With 3 seconds left, Flannery was screaming across the court at some guy who is apparently the head of PL ref scheduling.

2. Great BU fan turnout in the middle of NY. In the second half, it sounded like we were in Sojka.

3. This was apparently the biggest crowd Colgate has had all year. They tried to hype it up to the students by saying that Bucknell was running a bunch of fans up there and that they had to pack the place to counter us. Well, no more than 50 students showed up. It was mostly townies. There were at least 10x more students waiting in the lobby to secure a ticket to tonight's hockey game vs. Cornell.

4. The place was essentially sold out, yet the listed attendance was only 1050 or something. The PL Media Guide claims the capacity there is 3000. That is a blatant lie to make the place look bigger. Before the game, I did a quick estimate of the number of seats, and there is no way there are more than 1800 seats in the place. I would say capacity is more like 1500.

5. Another slow start, but fortunately the team has shown the ability to rebound. One of these games though (probably 2/11), that slow start will haunt us.

6. Not about the BU game, but that is very sad and scary news about Holy Cross...I know that all BU fans will be thinking of them and everyone else involved in the accident.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.667 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:29 AM