Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Early outlook        (Topic#23289)
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
09-07-19 03:05 AM - Post#287494    

I saw a couple projections for this upcoming season and they had us at or near the bottom of the league again. That is assuming everyone is healthy and returns.

We're going to be relying heavily on Barry's shooting and Knights interior play. Lose either of those and we have a huge deficit in scoring. Were likely to be thin in the front court with not much development outside of Knight. We were counting on winning some more of those close games this year. It does't look like the experts put much stock in that hope. We'll see. We have to play the games first. go green

"...no excuses - only results!”

flinder 
Freshman

Reg: 11-16-16
Re: Early outlook
09-24-19 10:09 PM - Post#287898    
    In response to GoBigGreenBasketball

Looks like we might not be able to rely on Barry's scoring this season...I heard he's out for the year, recovering from wear-and-tear surgery on his hip.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

09-25-19 01:33 AM - Post#287902    
    In response to flinder

Sad development! Hopefully he can continue to play post grad. I also noticed we're missing a someone from the roster on the teams website.

Greenhorn 
Senior

Reg: 11-24-04
09-25-19 02:53 AM - Post#287903    

Would that someone, by chance, have been our tallest returning player?

There's always a story. But once (Boudreaux) is a shame; twice (Jackson) is unlucky; thrice (Emery) is.... WTH is going on there?

Put aside the fact that they're destined for another year as spectators for the Ivy Tournament. If I'm a recruit thinking of Dartmouth isn't there a little voice in my head saying: "Maybe it's all a coincidence, but why do I want to take that chance?"

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

09-25-19 10:39 PM - Post#287988    
    In response to flinder

Flinder, you've got the inside scoop. Can you dig up anything else? There had been such a shortage of information about our program it's scary. I ventured into social media to look at the other Ivy's and they had write ups, photo shoots, coaches interviews, docuseries (Princeton). Sheesh. I saw Harvard had an NBA player come to speak. Did our guys get their gear? At the end of the day none of that stuff is as important as winning games, but in the absence of that they could throw alums and fans a bone. They do so little on the social media front, It's hard to feel attached to the program. Our women's program is so much better that the men's, can they give the guys some pointers.

Edited by GoBigGreenBasketball on 09-25-19 10:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

10-01-19 08:40 AM - Post#288108    
    In response to flinder

• flinder Said:
Looks like we might not be able to rely on Barry's scoring this season...I heard he's out for the year, recovering from wear-and-tear surgery on his hip.

IHO confirms that Barry is sidelined for the entire season. ☹️ Ivy Hoops Online Here's to good spirits, a great senior year, and a 110% recovery.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

10-11-19 08:24 PM - Post#288516    

• welcometothejungle Said:
https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/ivy-league-202...

3 Man Weave published their Ivy League preview today, typically one of the more in-depth and statistically backed previews out there, definitely would encourage people to read the entire preview. As a fan of the league it's nice to see close looks at lineup combinations and things like that.

(Tier 1)
1. Harvard
2. Penn
3. Princeton
(Tier 2)
4. Yale
5. Columbia
6. Dartmouth
7. Brown
(Tier 3)
8. Cornell

First Team: Aiken (POY), Smith, Knight, Towns, Brodeur
Second Team: Llewellyn, Betley, Choh, Bruner, Tape
ROY: Dingle, Best Newcomer: Ary-Turner

Another preview that is quite down on Brown, and surprisingly high on Dartmouth even without Barry[

And!!! According to the 3-man-weave McLaughlin is destined for COY in the Ivy. I'm going to take this most optimistic view and run with it.

Three-Man-Weave - Ivy League 2019-20 Preview

From the article:
  • Quote:
Bottom Line: I’m trying to restrain myself from falling too hard for this squad, but there’s a lot to like about the Big Green in 2020. Health will be paramount, and the loss of Barry will sting, but Dave McLaughlin is a savvy tactician and will now trot out a core group of guys who have played together for essentially two full seasons. 6th place is an admittedly bearish prediction given the minuscule separation between teams 4 through 7, but this projection likely equates to a 4-win improvement from last year’s 2-12 eyesore of a record.

Edited by GoBigGreenBasketball on 10-11-19 08:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

10-24-19 09:36 PM - Post#289020    

HOOPSHD comments

GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

10-28-19 10:44 AM - Post#289185    

• GoBigGreenBasketball Said:
FWIW, there is a very cursury overview of the Ivy men's teams on Mid-Major Madness Podcast. The coverage starts at the 42.28 minute mark.

Mid-Major Madness Podcast

I brought this down to our forum since Dartmouth is mentioned first. They pretty much read KenPoms rating. They did slight the team a little with their intro but overall gave the Ivy respect in general.

We have another scrimmage coming up versus Northeastern (10/30). Hopefully we'll get some insight on how we're looking going into the start of the season. It is still eerily quiet in the woods. It would be nice to have something for the fans to rally around. Optimistically maybe this is just the quiet before the Big Green Storm!!!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.249 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:35 PM