Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: UNH 67, Dartmouth 69 - F        (Topic#233)
Administrator 
Junior
Administrator
Reg: 11-08-04
12-12-04 12:44 AM - Post#1147    

25 points for Mike Lang, I believe, to lead the Big Green to a win that has to leave them feeling good, given what has gone on in the past week.

Rob 
maximus

Reg: 11-21-04
Nice Win!
12-12-04 11:20 AM - Post#1148    
    In response to Administrator

But Gardner only got two shots. Still, it's a start.

Green Ghost 
goober

Loc: New York, NY
Reg: 11-22-04
Re: Nice Win!
12-12-04 04:50 PM - Post#1149    
    In response to Rob

It's certainly good to see Dartmouth get this win - the losses to UNH in the last two years have really stung. Also great to see Lang getting it going. He's really going to be one of the key guys when it comes to making up for losing Pattman. As a freshman, he really showed himself to be an aggressive inside-outside threat who managed to break through Faucher's relic of an offense and excite people. Now, with a different system in place, this can be Mike's time to shine.

Speaking of different systems and time to shine, let's get the ball in to BDG, for the love of Wheelock, Webster, and Doggie. Dunn was talking about getting him 20 touches a game, so let's see it!

In the meantime, good to be .500 (counting Keene), and to have matched last season's win total in DECEMBER.

Baby steps, people...

-The Ghost
The preceding opinion is my own, and is not necessarily representative of the opinion of anyone else, but it could be, it should be, and it probably is.

d92 
Freshman

Reg: 11-24-04
12-13-04 03:25 AM - Post#1150    
    In response to Green Ghost

One of the most encouraging aspects to Dartmouth's start this season has been the major contributions from freshman. Ball, Flynn & Giovacchini all started against UNH and each played at least 24 minutes. And judging from the box score, they've all been very productive and are adjusting well to the college game (Giovacchini didn't have a great shooting game against UNH, but lit it up from deep the previous game). Very encouraging signs for the future, both this season and beyond.

BigGreenjeans 
goober

12-13-04 06:58 PM - Post#1151    
    In response to d92

And speaking of the future, how seriously should we take HoopScoop's evalution of Dunn's 2005 recruits (tied for #1 in Ivy League)? It certainly reflects well on what Dunn's staff has accomplished. But then, with the exception of Ball, no one (including HoopScoop) expected much of these freshman and they're doing well. Makes you wonder about their accuracy. Please discuss...
Also, anyone know when/if Jonathan Blakley's returning? And is Meyer still limited by foot injury?

Green Ghost 
goober

Loc: New York, NY
12-14-04 01:40 PM - Post#1152    
    In response to BigGreenjeans

Meyer played three minutes against Keene State...he's getting back into the flow...don't want to push too hard, though...need to let him heal before expecting big things from him.

Blakley, last I heard, was out for the year...combined with the mono that kept him out of action for the early parts of last season, I think he's Dartmouth's most snakebit player since Brendan Herbert in the injury department. Fortunately, Jon's troubles are the kind that heal completely.

I have no clue about the recruiting. I hear it's good, so that's nice, but I'll reserve judgment until we actually see the guys on the floor.

I liked a lot of the players Faucher's assistants brought in, especially his class of '06 with Arnold, Lang, and Meyer. There certainly shouldn't be anything stopping Terry from bringing in quality players, unless Karl Furstenberg's opinion of basketball is similar to his opinion on football.

Then again, Meyer was a valedictorian of his high school class with a GPA over 4.0 (when you factor in AP courses), so maybe not even Crazy Karl can stop Terry.

-The Ghost
The preceding opinion is my own, and is not necessarily representative of the opinion of anyone else, but it could be, it should be, and it probably is.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.446 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:58 PM