Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Preseason Predictions for PL from various magazines and websites        (Topic#23334)
Bucknellbisonfan21 
Masters Student
Bucknellbisonfan21
Loc: Bloomsburg
Reg: 11-12-15
10-30-19 10:31 AM - Post#289275    
    In response to Bucknellbisonfan21

League preview from CBB Central:

https://cbbcentral.com/2019/10/29/32x32-2019 -20-pa...

Scotty-14 
Sophomore

Reg: 10-10-18
10-30-19 07:11 PM - Post#289310    

That is laughable that Loyola would be picked ahead of us. Very naive take from my point of view.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
Preseason Predictions for PL from various magazines and websites
10-30-19 08:49 PM - Post#289312    
    In response to Scotty-14

They may not finish ahead of the Bison, but I’m not sure that it is impossible. It appears they could have one of the top freshman classes in PL history, headed by the two Spaniards. And they have everyone back from a team that was playing fairly well near the end of the season. If Saltana turns out to be the five star recruit some think he is, then Loyola could be quite good. Of course it could also turn out that they have been overhyped. . We won’t know about that for a couple of months.

I am picking them to tie for fourth with Boston U, but I acknowledge that could be too low.

Scotty-14 
Sophomore

Reg: 10-10-18
Re: Preseason Predictions for PL from various magazines and websites
10-31-19 01:50 PM - Post#289355    
    In response to Bison137

Understandable. It is my view, however, that if Aldama was truly a P5 Recruit that is where he would be. After all, P5 have much greater resources to find someone like Aldama from a major basketball country like Spain.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
Re: Preseason Predictions for PL from various magazines and websites
10-31-19 02:01 PM - Post#289357    
    In response to Scotty-14

• Scotty-14 Said:
Understandable. It is my view, however, that if Aldama was truly a P5 Recruit that is where he would be. After all, P5 have much greater resources to find someone like Aldama from a major basketball country like Spain.

Yes, they clearly have better overall resources. But in this case, the Loyola assistant who brought in both of the Spaniards coached both of them for Spain's junior national team a couple of years ago and is friends with Aldama's father. That could skew things when trying to recruit an 18-year old who has never before left his home country. Only time will tell.

Old Bison 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-09-17
10-31-19 07:48 PM - Post#289390    

137...That is 100% correct. Recruiting is more relationship based then resource based. Also, it is at its core a very dicey venture. Bucknell has been extraordinarily “lucky” in the cases of Sestina, Muscala, Brown, Fouland, Zach etc. No matter how much of a basketball guy you are it’s a very difficult proposition to correctly project. For everyone mentioned above I could counter name someone who matriculated via scholarship with the opposite results. It’s not for the faint hearted I can tell you that. The difference in Loyola last year was HOW they competed last year as opposed to WHO they would competed with. Under Tubby’s son they had one foot in the charter bus when adversity hit. They were the exact opposite last year and we sneaked by them both games last year. Kostecka is really bouncy and was an absolute bison killer. He’s back and the new big will be a factor in PL play. Loyola will not be an easy out this year if I’m not totally mistaken. Again if I’m not mistaken, we will be offensively challenged this year. The new kid Rhodes does alot of the little things right in the one time I saw him play. Again, I don’t expect anyone to be impressed with his transition from HS to D1 offensively but I’m happy to have him for the long haul. Like I said however, it’s dicey...your guess is as good as mine. Could be a year that requires a good reserve of patience

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.321 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:13 AM