Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Red & Blue Scrimmage        (Topic#23367)
besnoah 
Masters Student

Reg: 12-14-05
10-21-19 08:16 PM - Post#288877    
    In response to pennhoops

I don't think Josh has posted the recap yet, but I'm hopeful he'll share it here when it's up.

I was at the first half of the scrimmage and I had two thoughts:

1. I don't think Bryce Washington is getting enough hype.
2. To echo Lyle, Lucas Monroe looked like he could be a contributor/get minutes this year.

PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
10-21-19 10:20 PM - Post#288882    
    In response to besnoah

I said yesterday Bryce is set to take the Antonio Woods role with much better offense. That’s all Ivy material if it happens. I think Bryce is a huge key to this team.

Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
10-22-19 03:08 AM - Post#288888    
    In response to PennFan10

From the video of that one play, Eddie Scott looked smooth, explosive, and in control. His box score also looked great. Is he deserving of more attention?

Quakers03 
Professor

Reg: 12-07-04
11-06-19 02:07 AM - Post#290000    
    In response to pennhoops

Can someone help me understand why the ref who legitimately cost us 2 games last year and maybe 3, was invited to work the Red and Blue scrimmage? Was that something we chose to try and get in his good graces? Just the site of Tim Kelly made my blood start to boil. It took everything I had not to remind him how much he owes us a few and my little guy is still mad I didn't. He spotted that face the second we walked in. If it was a purposeful decision to invite him, it was a great idea, but I'm guessing he was assigned. For the record, I did not see any brutal calls this time like we saw vs Monmouth, Princeton and up at the tourney. The league has to be able to do better than this guy.

Jeff2sf 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-22-04
11-06-19 09:46 AM - Post#290026    
    In response to Quakers03

Q, it's just a ref. My recommendation is to not know their faces or names. I just read what you said above30 seconds ago and I can't remember the ref's name. No one is out to screw us. My advice is to coach your little guy in flag football and have some teenage refs basically make a hash of the rule book. Then you'll be way more zen.

People are doing their best, your blood pressure will be so much lower if you just stop caring.

Besides, none of those calls were as egregious as that bum, John Koharski, who called the foul on AJ last night. He will get his. Oh yeah, he will get his.

LyleGold 
PhD Student

11-06-19 11:51 AM - Post#290052    
    In response to Jeff2sf

• Jeff2sf Said:

Besides, none of those calls were as egregious as that bum, John Koharski, who called the foul on AJ last night. He will get his. Oh yeah, he will get his.

That was the worst of them all, but there were many others like the reversal of the out of bounds call for "simultaneous possession". There was plenty of home cooking last night, but I give Wimp Sanderson credit for pointing it out.

Quakers03 
Professor

Reg: 12-07-04
Red & Blue Scrimmage
11-06-19 06:08 PM - Post#290122    
    In response to Jeff2sf

Listen, there is no doubt that I focus way too much on the refs, but this guy quite literally had a role in changing our season, it happened MULTIPLE times, and it extended to past seasons too. The question of whether we have any say in who calls our games is a real one. I'm not insinuating that Tim Kelly is out to get us, but I am saying that he's horrific at his job and there should be some recourse to the major effect he has had over the past few years. I am far from the only one who feels this way about him. Nothing bothers me more than officials changing the outcomes of games.

It has been fun to argue on twitter with the Bama fans that inexplicably think they are the ones who get the short end of the refereeing stick. It seems they can't get past the goaltending call.

Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
11-06-19 07:22 PM - Post#290140    
    In response to Quakers03

The goaltending call was interesting. As to whether the ball was over the cylinder, I believe it was over the cylinder, but less than 50%. I don't know what that means in terms of the rules. The part that seemed to have Sanderson convinced it was goaltending was that the player's hand actually touched the rim and even went into the basket a bit before the ball. Again, I don't know the rules well enough to interpret that.

LyleGold 
PhD Student

11-06-19 09:51 PM - Post#290171    
    In response to Penndemonium

The rule is quite clear. If ANY PART of the ball is over ANY PART of the cylinder, it may not be touched. The straight on camera angle (as if you were watching from the top of the key) was the determining shot. The one they kept showing from behind the basket through the backboard was inconclusive. The refs’ original call and the replay decision were both right.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.162 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:59 AM