Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Username Post: At-Large Bid        (Topic#23392)
Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 11-21-04
12-04-19 09:15 AM - Post#293509    
    In response to palestra38

I saw in game notes that the last time we had a 7 game win streak in the Big 5 was at the end of 1975 season, so seems like a heck of a lot going against us, haha. Let's see what the guys can do, and hopefully keep it interesting throughout.

HARVARDDADGRAD 
PhD Student

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
At-Large Bid
12-04-19 11:34 AM - Post#293546    
    In response to Mike Porter

Good Luck to Penn tonight and to Yale on its upcoming challenging schedule. Unless either of those teams get through this stretch decisively I presume that 2bidIvy is dead for 2019-2020.

In that event, we'll be where we've been for the past few years, focusing on the 4th seed. Assuming that Harvard, Penn and Yale are favorites to make the Ivy Tournament, the inspired play of Dartmouth, Brown, Columbia and, more recently, Princeton will dominate our attention as they battle to crack the top 4, or better.

Sure, it will be interesting to see HYPenn battle for the regular season title, but it comes down to Ivy Madness.

There might be changes in this balance, with the key variable being:
- Harvard returning Seth Towns;
- Columbia returning Gabe Stefanini; and
- Princeton's level of improvement upon the return of Ryan Schwieger.

Of course new injuries could influence things as well.

This season is shaping up as an exciting one, with two tiers and goals: (1) the regular season title, and (2) the 4th spot and entry into the Tournament.

The strength of the second group of teams and the variability of the top tier suggests there will could be a range of "upsets."

Personally, I'm preparing for more OT's when my Crimson play Columbia. Also, hopefully, Harvard can figure out how not to split with Dartmouth to start its season. I'd like to think that my Crimson have a lot more upside than we've seen, but I'm still waiting for it to evidence itself for a full game.

Edited by HARVARDDADGRAD on 12-04-19 11:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
Re: At-Large Bid
12-04-19 11:48 AM - Post#293551    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

Penn getting a healthy Wang would fit equally into the missing guys analysis

HARVARDDADGRAD 
PhD Student

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
12-04-19 11:56 AM - Post#293555    
    In response to palestra38

Agreed.
Omission noted.

Page 3 of 3 ALL« First<123
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.091 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:56 PM