Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Start to a new season        (Topic#23439)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
11-04-19 10:22 AM - Post#289624    

Was very happy to see Brown come into this season pegged fifth. These guys have a lot to overcome. Losing two high volume scorers - one relentlessly efficient, one the opposite - plus being without two key pieces in GMK and Friday makes this a really interesting challenge. If the preseason was any indication, they’ll have a concentrated rotation until the other guys get back. Lots of opportunity for guys to step up in the interim. Anderson and Choh being the primary options. See if Gainey can come off the bench and make a difference with his length. Mitchell becoming more of a dual threat and taking helm as the lockdown and energy guy. Hunsaker becoming a consistent three point shot maker and the guy who can run the offense when Anderson isn’t. You even wonder if there’s a role for Franks with some minutes off the bench.

They will need Howard to get into rhythm and carry some inside-out game. I’ve always seen him as a quiet difference maker.

It’s a very manageable schedule early on, but with the transition the team is going through I don’t think there any any gimmies. Big challenge.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
11-04-19 10:41 PM - Post#289707    
    In response to Bruno

Good pre-game run down, Bruno. Howard does need to take a a leadership role as the Sr. Big on this team. He needs to average at least 12 and 8 for the Bears to be successful.

The loss of GMK & Friday really hurts. I hope it is temporary and they’ll be playing soon. Otherwise, the Bears will have a tough time surviving their loss, plus the loss of Dez, and the graduation loss of Obie. That is a serious loss of fire power. Obie, not Dez, made some big shots and big stops last year. Collectively, I think we can grow into a good team. But we need GMK and Friday on the floor soon.

We’ll also need Coach Martin to be on his game, as well. The
Reigning Ivy Coach of the Year now has years of experience to draw from. Hopefully he can continue to develop a tough defensive mentality and commitment from his troops.

The off-season is over. Time for the games to begin. Go Bears!!!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.213 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:56 AM