Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Coaching departures, Volleyball and Women's Lacrosse        (Topic#23589)
A Western Bison 
Sophomore

Loc: Albuquerque
Reg: 07-05-12
11-23-19 09:03 AM - Post#292050    

I noticed that both Anna Allison, women's volleyball coach and Remington Steele, the women's lacrosse coach have resigned. While the VB season has just ended, lacrosse is going into the Spring season without a coach. Concerning.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
11-23-19 10:36 AM - Post#292051    
    In response to A Western Bison

Two very different situations, I think. Allison had been head coach at Bucknell for seven years (and sssustant for eight before then) and unfortunately never was able to turn the corner with the program. This year they had a lot of seniors but actually regressed in league play. So Bucknell finally decided it was time for a change, I think, but they weren’t very happy about this as can be seen from part of the press release:

"I am very appreciative of the dedication that Coach Allison has shown to her student-athletes and to Bison Athletics over the last 15 years, and I wish her nothing but the best in all of her future endeavors." said Truax.

In contrast, I am sure Steele just opted to leave on his own. He was John Hardt’s last hire before leaving and some didn’t think Steele was in it for the long-haul. Those people apparently were correct. It is interesting to compare the two press releases as the one for Steele is very short and says nothing favorable about him. They apparently were not happy with his abrupt departure. Having said that, I have the impression that he had not improved recruiting much.

With the possible exception of football, volleyball and women’s lacrosse have been Bucknell’s two worst sports for many years. Volleyball has slowly gotten worse in patriot league play, although part of that is that other patriot league teams have gotten better. Lacrosse had a brief period of mediocrity under Randall Goldsborough but other than that, they have been worse than mediocre.

JPM 
Masters Student
JPM
Reg: 05-20-08
11-25-19 01:19 PM - Post#292264    
    In response to Bison137

There are some excellent coaches in the the NESCAC who would be excellent hires to fill the WLAX vacancy:

Kim Williams - HC Wesleyan
Courtney Schute - HC Tufts
Amy Patton - AC Middlebury (former long-time HC at Dartmouth)

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
11-25-19 09:39 PM - Post#292312    
    In response to JPM

Remington Steele is a real person? I KNEW IT!

atlantabison 
PhD Student

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Reg: 01-25-06
11-25-19 10:02 PM - Post#292320    
    In response to HuskyColonial

Not totally surprised, have coached numerous state championship volleyball teams and contacted the coaching staff about All state players who ended up at Boston College, Dartmouth and William and Mary who had the means for Bucknell. Never got a response, which I took to be a bad sign recruiting wise.
Ray Bucknell!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.257 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:12 PM